"I don't remember this house being this big." Dean said, gawking.

"It wasn't." I answered, "We add on when we need to." I took a deep breath.

"It's going to be okay." Dean said, meeting my eyes.

"I hope so." I said, placing my hand on his. We shared a knowing glance before climbing out of the car. He grabbed the food, carrying it up onto the front porch for me. I rang the doorbell and waited, tapping my foot anxiously. Dean reached down, taking my hand. The door swung open, revealing my mom's old friend Sandra.

"(Y/n)..." Her face softened. She opened her arms and pulled me into a hug. "Oh my god, I haven't seen you in years...." I hugged her back and she let me go quickly, "Why are you here? Is something wrong?" She asked.

"No, nothings wrong... I just- I thought it was time." I said, flashing her a smile.

"And who's this handsome man?" Sandra asked, extending her hand to Dean. Dean took it and shook her hand.

"I'm Dean Winchester, the boyfriend." Dean introduced himself. Sandra stepped aside, letting us in. The house still smelled the same.

"I hope you don't mind, we brought food." I said, reaching back and taking the tupperware from Dean. I handed it to Sandra and she placed them on the kitchen counter.

"Thank you, but I'm pretty sure you didn't come to see me, let me show you to your mother." I nodded and Sandra led me to my parent's bedroom and she knocked on the door.

"Come in." My mother called. Sandra opened the door, revealing us.

"You have some visitors." Sandra said. My mother looked up from the book she was reading, locking eyes with me in the doorway.

"(Y/n)?" My mother asked. She placed her bookmark in her book, closing it and placing it to the side.

"Hi mom." I murmured.

"It's been so long." She said, a small smile forming on her lips. I headed over and she opened her arms for a hug and I hugged her tightly. "I've missed you so much." I pulled back, sitting on the side of the bed. "A-are you still-?" She asked.

"Yes, I am." I answered. "We are." My mother looked away from me back towards the door.

"Who are you?" She asked. I looked back, seeing Dean in the doorway. He came in behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm Dean, Dean Winchester." Dean answered.

"I remember you." My mother said with a sweet smile, "You stayed with us for a while when you were young."

"Yeah, mom." I said, "He and I sort of- uh- found each other again." I said with a soft smile.

"Oh... you two are together?" My mom asked. I nodded, placing my hand on Dean's.

"We are." Dean said, leaning down and pressing a kiss into the top of my head.

"Oh, we brought food." I said with a small smile.

"That sounds great." My mother said, "Would you mind fixing me a plate, darling?" She asked, looking at Dean. Dean nodded and left me alone. "You love him." My mother said quietly. I looked back at her and nodded.

"I do." I answered with a small smile. She paused for a moment before taking a deep breath.

"I want to tell you something, and I don't want you to get mad at me." My mother started. I nodded slowly.

"Okay..." I prompted.

"There have been..." She paused, regaining her composure, "There have been whispers..." She muttered.

"Whispers?" I asked.

"Sandra and heard people talking, has gotten... insights... that the thing that killed Lana's family is back." She added. My breath caught in my throat. I had been looking for signs for so long... Sandra had psychic abilities so she had more access to information than I did, but if the thing was back then that meant people had died, I should've caught it on the news, or in the paper, but I guess I was too caught up with Dean. "I just wanted to give you the information." She added, snapping me out of my thoughts, "What you do with it is your call." I nodded, and jumped as I heard a quiet knock on the door. There stood Dean holding a plate for my mother. I stood and he came over, handing her the plate, "Thank you darling. Thank you for coming by, you two." I nodded and headed out the door. Dean followed me, confused.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked, "You look like you've seen a ghost." How ironic. Considering what we do, I think a ghost would be the least of my worries.

"I'm fine, can you please start the car while I say my goodbyes?" I asked, meeting his eyes. Dean nodded and I handed him my keys. He left out the front door and I headed to the kitchen where Sandra was, putting the food in the fridge. I held out my hand and she shook it before pulling me in.

"I think you should listen to your mother." Sandra said. I knew what she was hinting at. Dean. None of us wanted him in danger. I nodded and headed out the front door, closing it behind me and heading to the car. Dean was in the driver's seat. I climbed in the passenger seat.

"You don't look any better." Dean said, looking over at me.

"I think it's just the anxiety leaving." I reassured him. He nodded and pulled out of the driveway. I knew though, that the inverse was true. My anxiety was only building. What did this mean about Dean and I being together? I loved him so much and I just wanted him safe. I, selfishly, didn't want my family to end up like Lana's. If I decided to go after this thing, that made everyone I was close to a target. That begged another question. Was I going to go after this thing? Yes. Absolutely, I was going to go after it. It needed to be stopped before anyone else got hurt. I was supposed to be tracking this thing. Because I started slacking, people got killed. This was on me.

(A/n): I hope you enjoyed this chapter! What do you think (Y/n) is going to do? What do you think she should do? Have a great rest of your day/night! I love you guys!