Chapter 25

Y/n's POV

Rafe and I had woken up early so we could get stuff ready for the park. We decided we'd have a picnic with the girls.

I wanted to do as many fun and interesting things as I could with them while they were here.

So me and Rafe were in the kitchen making sandwiches and packing other snacks and drinks.

I packed a picnic blanket and  girls were in they're play room playing with they're toys while my mom was dealing with her hangover in the couch.

"I swear I only drank a little bit." My mother claimed.

"It's ok mom, here's your Tylenol." I handed her a glass and the medicine.

"I really appreciate you. Thanks sweet heart." She patted my leg before I got up.

"Are the girls ready?" Rafe asked as I walked back into the kitchen.

"No I'll get them ready though." I said trudging up the stairs.

The girls were having a casual dinner with they're dolls.

"Ok girls let's get dressed." I said and they both groaned.

"We're literally going to the park. Come on." I brought them to they're room and dressed them in jean shorts and an oversized T-shirt.

"We're all matching!" Leah said excitedly.

"Duh that was the point." Laura said.

"Ok that's enough. Go out your shoes on and we'll go in a minute." I said as we all went down stairs.

Rafe had put everything in a cooler and was ready to go. We all went out to the car and headed to the park.

I knew if I went with just Rafe and the girls, I was gonna end up sitting by myself the whole time, so invited Sarah and Topper.

They were gonna meet us there with Toppers little brother. He and the girls had been each others favorite cousins for like ever. They were only 5 but they use to be attached at the hip.

When we pulled up to the park the girls immediately hopped out of the car with Rafe chasing after them.

I laughed and grabbed the food and blanket. I found I nice spot under a big tree. It was so pretty I decided I had to take pictures before setting everything up.

I set my phone up on a rock and put the camera timer on. Just then I saw Sarah and Topper pull-up.

"Thank god, can you help me take a few pictures for Instagram?" I asked Sarah and of course she agreed.

Topper went with Rafe and the girls and I watched Hunter, Toppers little brother, and the girls embrace each other in a big hug.

I snapped a picture of them before handing my phone to Sarah. She took hella pictures and I thanked her before we set up the blanket and food.

"So how has it been with the girls back? I mean they weren't gone for very long." Sarah asked.

"It's been nice. They leave tomorrow unfortunately. But I didn't want them to miss any school. They'll be here for Christmas anyways." I told her as I ate some of the grapes we had packed.

Sarah was nice enough to bring desert for us which ended up being strawberry short cake.

"Speaking of holidays, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?" She asked me.

"I'm not sure actually. Normally it's my mom and my siblings but the girls won't be here and Adrian already told us he was going to Chrissy's for Dinner so, I don't know yet." I told her.