Chapter 22

Rafes POV

Once Y/n had fallen asleep, I had no idea what to do. She was asleep, spread out on the bed with the blanket wrapped in her legs leaving me no warmth other than what came from her body.

I needed to move. I needed to move a lot. I couldn't stand being in the bed anymore.

I gently lifted her leg off of me before rolling out of the bed. I searched through her drawers knowing that I had some swim trunks here, when I found something else.

A light pink vibrator tucked under her pants in her bottom drawer. That'll come in handy some day...

I chuckled to myself before putting it back and finding my swim trunks.

Once I found them, I put them on and grabbed one of the towels from, Y/n's bathroom and going to the pool.

I swam laps. As many as I could before getting bored of it. I heard the door slide open and her mother stepped out.

"Hi Ms. Y/l/n." I said nervously. I was coked out of my mind and this is pretty much the first interaction I've had with her with out Y/n around.

"Hello Rafe... What's got you up so late?" She asked clearly a little drunk.

"Couldn't sleep. Are you ok Ms-" She cut me off.

"Please child call me Kendra. You make me feel old... I'm alright. Where's my daughter?" She asked me as she pulled a cigarette out of her purse.

"She's upstairs sleeping." I told her. It was quite for a while as she puffed her cigarette.

I decided to get out of the pool and find something else to occupy my mind with.

"Can I be honest with you Rafe?" She asked me.

"Uh... sure." I said.

"I don't know if I like you... I don't think you'd be good for my daughter. But I also know that my daughter isn't as innocent as she makes herself out to be. I know she's gonna do what she wants regardless of what I say. I only ask you to not get her pregnant, and don't get my daughter hooked
on any shit that you know could harm her. I can see that you care about her and I can see she cares for you, but because I know you care about her, I expect you to make sure she's safe. Doing coke isn't gonna keep her safe." She said and I felt a small knot in my throat form. I had a feeling she wasn't very fond of me but I could tell she was trying for Y/n's sake.

"I would never do anything to put her in harms way. Is there a way I could gain your trust at least?" I asked her.

"Don't fuck my daughter over. That's all I ask you to do." She said as the door opened once more.

"Where'd you go?" It was Y/n.

"I couldn't sleep." I told her.

"Oh... hi mommy. Can you make me food?" She asked once she saw her mom.

"It is 5:00 in the morning. You want me to make you breakfast?" She asked.

"Baby can you make me breakfast?" She asked me with a pout on her lips. She had blanket draped over her shoulders and her hair was in a messy bun. Her eyebrows were crinkled but I couldn't help but cave.

"Yea I'll make you breakfast. Come on. You want some?" I asked her mom.

"No thanks." She said and me and Y/n went inside.

Her mom stayed outside so I shut the door.

Y/n was already sat in one of the chairs by the counter, her face now buried in her blanket.

"What do you want babe?" I asked as I went around the kitchen pulling different utensils.

"I want... bacon and... a strawberry smoothie... I think there's biscuits and gravy, can you make biscuits and gravy?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"Yea sure. Why'd you wake up are you ok?" I asked her as I started to get all the food out.

"Well I woke up because I was hot, and then I couldn't feel you so I had to come searching." She told me.

"I'm sorry, I needed to move around." I told her.

"It's ok, but you should go change real quick, your getting water everywhere." She said noticing the small puddle under me.

"Good idea." I said lowkey embarrassed before jetting up the stairs.

Once I had made it back down the stairs Y/n was making herself chocolate milk.

"I'm going to bed. I'll see you two later." Her mom said before walking upstairs.

Once she was out of ear shot
I turned to Y/n, who now had a milk mustache, and asked her what was up with her mom.

"I think she misses the girls. I mean they were a hassle but, they were her life line as much as she was there's. Plus they kept her busy so all she can do is bury herself in work. I feel bad. You think I should take her out and have like a girls day or something?" She questioned as I started making her food.

"That's a good idea. I don't think you guys have spent much time together. You kind of have been either with me or the Pogues since you came here." I told her.

"Yea your right. I could take her to get her nails done and we could go shopping. Yea, it happening. Just not today because I need some recovery time." She giggled and I smiled.

"Ok well once your done with your food recovery time starts. I have work at 12 today so I should seriously get some sleep in." I told her as I plated her food.

"Nooooo." She wined.

"What?" I asked

"I don't like it when you go to work." She said and I smiled.

"Well I have to make money. I'll have no where to live if I don't." I said kissing her cheek.

"You could live with me." She smiled as she stuffed her face with food.

"I don't think your mom would like that very much. But hurry up, you need rest and so do I." I said finally feeling my withdrawal.

"Fine. Do you want some?" She asked me.

"No thanks baby I'm ok." I said coming to sit next to her.

For the rest of the time she was eating, she sat quietly, swinging her legs back and forth.

She took the last drink of her smoothie and turned to me.

"We haven't hung out with Kelce and Topper in a while." She said as she brought her dishes to the sink.

"We haven't huh?" I said not really trying to have conversation.

"No, we should hang out with them. But you look like your gonna fall asleep right here so let's go to bed." She said grabbing my hand and we went upstairs.

When we laid down, I started to spoon her but she refused.

"No." She said turning to face me.

"Turn around." She demanded.

I did as told and turned around. Her leg went over my waist and her arm wrapped around my chest. She clung to me like a koala.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this. Normally it was me holding her. I decided to brush it off so I could be somewhat present for work today, and I went to sleep...