1- meet paintbrush

TW: mild cursing/offensive language, mentions of medications and mental illness and death

——————————————

(A/N: quotes from a chapter will be added at the beginning since it is a sneak peek into the chapter)

Quote from chapter:
"'I JUST WENT THROUGH- I JUST RELIVED A WHOLE 24 HOUR DAY OF TORTURE IN THOSE TWO SECONDS AFTER I FELL- JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A SECOND! OKAY?! YOU DON'T HAVE TO BECOME PETRA AND BE HAPPY ALL THE TIME! JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!'"
-Maria(Test Tube)

——————————————

// POV:
Paintbrush //

*BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP*

*SLAM*

...

*BEEEP BEE-*

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

*SLAM*

"I'm awake..... ugh...."

I groan as I sit up. "What time is it...?" I rub my eyes and I look at my clock. Phew, it's still around six...

I then stand and I make my bed, then proceeding to sit back down on it. I look at the piles of dirty sweaters, shirts, jackets, shoes, hats... and crumpled up pieces of paper on the floor. I've gotta clean that later...

I then glance toward my roommate's bed.

*drip, drip, drip* "SHI- SHOOT I FORGOT TO CLOSE THE WINDOW!"

I jump back up and I slam down the window next to my roommate's bed. I'm so glad he didn't get wet... that would've been a disaster...

Sometimes I wish I was a fan too... that way I would have an excuse to hate water...

I then look around the room. My desk was  covered but at least the papers and supplies on it were stacked onto neat piles... unlike my frenemy's desk which was extremely messy. I tried to clean it once and he screamed at me and said it was organized... who the fu- funny guy would do that?! Petra used to do that...

But I've gotta stop thinking about her.

It only would result in me crying- and I DON'T CRY. Crying is for babies.

I step over the mountains of shoes and sweaters and empty bags of potato chips on my way to the mini fridge. I lean over it and I pull out some milk. "Aw f- I mean aw darn! Oh my goodness where could this cereal be!" I roll my eyes sarcastically. "Seriously though where is- and now I'm talking to myself, just great."

I retreat back to the pile of clothes and I rummage through them. I might as well sort through everything anyway... not like Ray ever does anything productive. He just sits around watching TV when we don't have classes... I hate being a roommate with him. But at the same time, he takes care of Petra's pet crab from middle school...

Baxter... how is he still even alive? Where the hell did Petra get him anyway? Eh, whatever, not like I can ask her.

The thought of her makes my eyes start to tear but I shove it down, I'm not a crybaby. That's for sure.

I must have been zoning out, because next thing I know, all the clothes are sorted. Huh. Well, I can multitask... BUT STILL NO CEREAL! IT'S 7 AM AND I'M STARVING!

I take the pile I made of mine and Ray's clothes and I bring them to the hamper. I go to throw it in when- "what the fu..." I cringe. "Who puts cereal in the hamper...?"