Chapter 6

George's pov (earlier that day)
I woke up early this morning to help with all of the lovey-dovey stuff that Lockwood was planning, but he wasn't downstairs yet. Sighing, I made a quick breakfast and got to work. It was me who had to hang all the streamers, me who had to make the cake, and me who had to clean the house up. Lockwood was still asleep by the time I had finished everything. Oh well. (By the way I think that this is what George has to do all the time because the others are too lazy)
Yawning, I started to sort through all of the letters and papers down in the basement. I came across an unopened one from Fittes. Puzzled, I quickly tore open the letter. It read:
Dear Lockwood and Company,
Congratulations for being declared agency of the month for Febuary! This is a prestigious honor given only to the best. Admittedly, your record has been patchy, but the way you dealt with Combe Carey, Mrs. Barett's Tomb, and the bone mirror was honor worthy. Please be prepared to come to our headquarters for an interview on February the 17th.
-Penelope Fittes
"Lockwood! Come down here! There's something you have to see!" I yelled from the basement. After a minute of no response, I ran up the stairs and to the the foot of the next set of stairs.
"Lockwood, get your butt down here! There's something you must see!" I yelled. No response, then-
Lockwood emerged from his room sleepily and abruptly fell on the floor upstairs. From the floor he muttered sleepily, "I'm here." He started snoring lightly again. I thundered up the stairs and grabbed one of the books I had yet to clean up. I chucked it at his face.
He immediately sprang up. "Ow! Okay, okay, I'm up! What in the world do you want? It's 12 o'clock!" He yelled.
"Look at this," I handed the paper to him. Brow furrowed, he quickly read the letter. He looked up and smiled, all traces of sleepiness gone.
"This is excellent! Just what we need to boost business! Now should we call Luce and tell her the good news?" He said excitedly.
"Do we even know her home phone number? But I think that maybe we should go tell her. We could get on the train tomorrow and tell her the news and come back home with her," I said.
Lockwood slowly smiled. "Yes, I think that's what we should do. And when she walks in the house it will be an even bigger surprise because I will I have been with her for a while and she definitely won't expect that."
"Well, I guess I'll go buy our tickets. You should do the finishing touches on the house," I said.
"Aw, do I have to? I didn't get much sleep," Lockwood whined.
I just glared at him to shut him up.

A/N: Bleh. I think this chapter was crappy. Well I really feel like Lockwood this morning because I had to wake up early to make a Mother's Day card. I hate mornings.