"I brought you some food and other few items." I say as I pass the bag through the bars avoiding the silver.

"Thankyou," she grabs the bag and pulls out an apple, quickly munching on it.

"How did you end up in here, Olivia?" Jonah whispers. Had he asked her this question before?

"Why? What did Exus tell you? Or that bitch, Anabelle." She growls, her eyes flashing dangerously, giving a glimpse of the powerful wolf within.

"He made some accusations but Christian shared some of the things with me."

"What exactly did he tell you?" Olivia asks, looking skeptical about all this. I would be too.

"Well, for starters he was mated to Anabelle. Who was very weird throughout their mateship. He was too hurt to explain the rest." Emotions race through her eyes before a loud sigh escapes her mouth.

"It's quite long story actually." She says, sitting on the dirty floor that almost resembles how she looks.

"When Christian met Anabelle, he was almost in an instant in love with her. He had been waiting for his mate for a while and he marveled at the thought of finding that one person meant for you. When they did meet, it was utter bliss. My parents liked her and it was all going so well. I did not seem to share their thoughts though. I always thought there was something off about her and I did bring the topic up with Christian but he thought I was being paranoid." Her voice breaks slightly.

"Anabelle was so weird that time. She would go missing and I confronted her for it. I asked her where she would go and she woul get so mad. Get violent even. I was scared and Christian wasn't listening to me."

“She knew no one believed me and she made it clear she'd hurt Christian if things don't go her way. So I let her be, knowing there was no way he would hurt he mate. I was wrong. This continued for a while and one day she just. . . disappeared after Christian wanted to mark her. She told Christian she wanted to visit Exus for a while. I remember Christian being so very devastated by it all, but he agreed nonetheless.”

“She was gone for a week and when she came back, it was like she was a complete different person. Her grin was bright but her eyes spoke a different story. She apologized for her weird behavior, stating she had been scared and I was even more weirded out. She promised to try and be the best mate for Christian, if he let her visit her brother everyday. Christian was just happy she was back and he obliged. My parents were weary of her after the things she had put Christian through but they let it be. They were mates after all, destined to be together; nothing could come between that. I wish they had.”

“It had only been a week when I saw her sneaking into the woods in the middle of the night. It happened a couple of times before I had the courage to follow, hiding my scent completely. It was then that I realized something was very wrong. Anabelle lead me to the deepest parts of our forest to the southern border. All our pack patrol laid on the ground, the smell of wolfsbane emanating from every part of the pack. What even shocked me further was Alpha Exus right there with Anabelle, looking livid.”

“I could easily recognize the hunters standing right next to him, holding silver weapons and liquid wolfsbane. Anabelle was already hugging his brother who looked so out of it.”

Olivia.

Five years ago.

“Are you sure you want to do this.” Exus asked, his eyes scanning Anabelle's ugly face. What does he me- My eyes widen. They are going to attack the pack. Why?