21. Early Christmas gift

Texts between
Mason and Alina
Sent today
7 pm

Mason❤️
Hi beautiful
I'm on my way over❤️

Alina❤️
See you soon❤️

Today is the day Alina is going back to Canada. Her flight is departing from Heathrow at 3 in the morning, and Mason is kind enough to take her to the airport. He's currently on his way to her apartment, he's coming earlier just to spend time with her before she leaves.

Alina didn't need to pack much because she still has a room back in Canada that her parents haven't touched. She has her old stuff there, so there's no point in packing too much. She's very excited to go back and spend some time with her parents, and also tell them more about Mason.

Meanwhile, Mason was parking the car outside. He grabbed the small gift bag from the backseat, excited to hand Alina the gift he had bought her. They promised no gifts this Christmas, but he couldn't stop himself.

He knocked on the door and was greeted by Alina. They quickly gave each other a hug and a kiss on the lips before walking inside.

"Have you finished packing?" Mason asked as they walked into her bedroom.

"Kind of, I'm just not sure which camera to take with me," Alina said.

"Why don't you take both?" He asked

"I'm only staying for a couple of days," she said, looking at both her cameras.

"Maybe take the small one?" Mason suggested while wrapping his arms around her waist and hug her from behind, he rested his chin on her shoulder as he looked at the two cameras on the bed too.

"Yeah, it's probably the best option," she agreed. Mason released his arms from her so she could pack the camera down in the bag.

"Now I'm done," she said as she put the camera bag over her suitcase.

"You ok?" She asked as she saw him standing there, staring at her.

"Huh?" He looked at her. She chuckled and walked over to him.

"What's up?" She asked, she put her arms around his neck and looked at him, curious why he was acting weird.

"I might've broken our promise," he said, biting his lips.

"Huh?" She looked more confused now

"I bought you an early Christmas gift," Mason said, looking at her.

"Mase we promised-"

"I know, but I had to, it's important to me," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist, to keep her where she's standing. "I didn't buy anything to you, though; it's not fair," she said with a sad face.

"I don't want anything, I just want you to open my gift,"

She looked at him and sighed. "Alright"

"Wait here," he said, leaving the room to get the bag. He came back and handed her the bag, not able to keep his excitement away.

Alina slowly opened the bag and looked inside; there was a small box. She picked it up and looked at him, confused.

"Just open it," Mason laughed impatiently.

"Ok, ok," she chuckled. She opened the box, and there was a beautiful, soft ring.

She looked at it; she was shocked but a smile quickly appeared on her face

"It's a promise ring," he said, smiling at her. "I want you to know that I will always show my loyalty and devotion to you, and that I love you more than anything," he said, carefully taking the rings out of the box, placing the ring on her finger.

She looked at him doing all that whole processing just how lucky she is. She's never experienced love like this; she's never been so in love with someone like she is with Mason.

She looked him in the eyes with tears formed in hers. "It's beautiful, thank you," she said, letting the tears fall down her cheeks as she hugged him tight.

"I love you so much," she muttered into his neck. "I love you too, bubs," Mason said back as they leaned back from the hug. "Don't cry," he giggled as he wiped her tears.

"I'm just so emotional," she chuckled as she wiped her tears too.

Mason and Alina have spent the last few hours cuddling and talking about everything. She can't take her eyes off the promise ring he gave her; it means so much to her.

"It's almost midnight; maybe we should go to the airport?" He said

"I wish I didn't have to go," Alina groaned, hugging him tighter. They're both on the couch; she's laying on top of him with his arms wrapped around her.

"Why not?" He chuckled

"I want to be in your arms forever," she said, making him chuckle.

"You'll be back soon, remember? Then we can cuddle how much you want," he assured her.

"Do you promise?" She looked up at him.

"I promise," he said, she quickly smiled and placed a kiss on his lips.

Then they got ready and went to the car. Mason put her suitcase in the trunk and started to drive towards Heathrow.

"Thank you for taking me, Mase," she smiled at him as he was driving.

"No worries," he smiled, placing his hand on her thigh and giving it a light squeeze.

The car ride didn't take too long; the roads were pretty much empty at midnight, but the airport was full of people since it's Christmas, and almost everyone's going on holiday or out to their loved ones. It took a couple of minutes to find a parking spot but they eventually find one close to the terminal.

"You don't have to come inside; you'll probably be jumped by fans," she chuckled as she took her seatbelt off.

"Don't be silly; I'm not leaving until I see you walk through the security controls," he smiled at her. She looked back at him and smiled instead of arguing back, she really wants him to come.

They got out of the car, Mason grabbed the suitcase, and they headed inside the airport. Mason helped Alina check in her suitcase and walked her to where she had to go through the security controls.

"This is it then," Alina sighed. Mason let go of her hand and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you," he muttered.

"I'm going to miss you more."

He cupped her face in his palms and placed a kiss on her lips before looking into her eyes. "Text me when you get on the plane and when you land, so I know you've made it safely, ok?"

"I will," she smiled.

"Good, love you."

"I love you; drive home safe," she smiled.

They kissed each other one last time before Alina headed to the security controls. Mason watched her go through, and they both waved at each other until she was out of sight.

Mason turned back around and quickly and quickly went back to the car before anyone could recognise him or see him.

AN: Sorry I haven't posted everyday like I said I would. I've been struggling with Uni lately and today something shit happened and it has made me upset and I'm just mentally not ok atm.

More chapters are coming but I can't promise you that I'm publishing them everyday, I hope you understand.