chapter thirty

"Is everyone excited?" Olivia exclaimed, with a smile. The minibus all rejoiced in unison, a road trip to Incheon, for their pharmacy apprenticeship. Taehyung was definitely the most excited, he had grown an overflowing passion for pharmacy and it wasn't going to stop any time soon.

"How's Jungkook?" Mabel, a girl doing the same apprenticeship course as Taehyung. This was Taehyung's best friend in the group, she looked like a mean girl because of her raging RBF but once you got to know her she's an angel.

"He's still annoyed that I'm going, but there's nothing to worry about honestly. If he's home that means he's getting better, if he's not home then that means he's worse." Taehyung told Mabel and she hummed, she put her hand on top of Tae's.

"Taehyung, don't worry about Jungkook right now. This trip is for your future, whether you choose to stay with Jungkook or not." Mabel spoke softly, pulling out her phone shortly afterwards. She left Taehyung to just think about those words for a few minutes. Those minutes were definitely cut short when Mabel had shoved the camera in his face, putting him in her tiktok.
"Mabel, that was uncalled for-" Taehyung spoke, rolling his eyes. "Sorry Tae, but I have to document everything." Mabel replied, with a loud voice, making everyone on the bus look back.

The bus journey was peaceful, Taehyung had his pink AirPods on and a book in hand. It was only an hour and a half journey so it wasn't that long, but with Mabel sitting next to him it was the longest journey ever. "Mabel, can you please-" Taehyung tried to take her head off of his shoulder. They were nearly in Incheon, it wasn't even a long car ride and the girl had fallen asleep. Taehyung was so angry, as much as he loved Mabel, she was a great pain in the ass.

———

The group had arrived in Incheon, it was late evening. The sunset in Incheon was a different experience to Seoul, the sky was orangey-pink, the clouds look animated and the air felt clear.

"Bye Taehyung, see you tomorrow morning!" Mabel shouted as Taehyung entered his Uber. He waved goodbye and closed the Uber door. The Uber started driving off into the city and Taehyung unlocked his phone.

"Hello," He started, "Baby, can you hear me?" Taehyung spoke into his phone. "My love..." Jungkook softly uttered, giving Taehyung butterflies, "Did you arrive safely?" He asked. "Yes I did, I miss you so, so much." Jungkook could hear Taehyung's smile through the phone and it made his heart skip a beat. 

"I miss you so much more," He rasped, he could hear a man voice in the background. "Taehyung, who is that?" He asked, his voice going from its soft tone to a rough one.

"Oh, it's just the Uber driver. He's on the phone." Taehyung replied, to be honest, he'd been noticing how possessive Jungkook was acting recently. Upon thinking that, he received a FaceTime call from Jungkook.

Once Jungkook saw the car interior he calmed down and his face went less red, "Baby, what's up with you nowadays?" Taehyung asked, with a pout. "Tae, I'm just worried for you, honestly, because I know how you were hurt in the past and I don't want this trip to trigger things for you." Jungkook stated, what he was saying was the truth, he really didn't want Taehyung to be back in that state. It was exhausting for the both of them.

After hearing those words, Taehyung went silent subconsciously, all the memories suddenly flooding his brain. Jungkook took quick notice of that and acted swiftly, "Baby, I'm sorry, I just want the best for you that's all." Jungkook spoke, his words full of sincerity and honesty. But Taehyung didn't buy it, to him it felt like manipulation as Seojun used to say the same reassuring things but with no sincereness.

"Erm, Jungkook, I'm gonna go. I'll text you in the morning." Taehyung mumbled, biting his bottom lip and removing his face from the view of the camera. Jungkook frowned, "Okay Baby, I love you. Bye." He spoke, Taehyung hummed and hung up.

———

Number 38.

"What a lovely house, better than the last one." Taehyung muttered to himself. He stood on their porch and took a deep breath. Inhale... Exhale... You're okay Taehyung. He reminded himself, before ringing the doorbell.

The door opened almost instantly, taking Taehyung aback. "Taehyung!" His mother screeched. She pulled the boy in for a tight hug. Taehyung smiled at the sudden affection, his heart aching at the same time.

"Mum, I've missed you, so so much." Taehyung said with watery eyes, returning the same suffocating hug. She kissed him on the forehead and detached from the hug. Ahnjong pulled Taehyung in by his hands and they both entered the lovely home.

"Let me make you some tea," She insisted and before Taehyung could protest and cup of tea was presented in front of his face. "Thank you so much," Taehyung smiled, creating sweater paws and holding his tea. "I'm so happy you're here, I wish you'd visit us more often." Ahnjong sighed, analysing all the features on Taehyung's face. "I will try my best, Mum. Studies are so hard right now— it's all so stressful." Taehyung mentioned and Ahnjong hummed in agreement.

"Oh, I know honey, but don't worry good things will come out of it soon." She comforted, pinching his cheeks and smiling dearly at him. They continued to talk about Taehyung's life, his apprenticeship, his new relationship and other personal things. He didn't feel a type of way towards Seojun's parents, he loved them like his own real parents and would tell them anything. He trusted them with his life.

———

"This is your bedroom for two days, I really hope you like it Tae. Goodnight dear." Ahnjong spoke softly, switching on the light to the guest bedroom. The room was average sized, it had a double bed with sky blue leather pillows with light grey bedsheets.

He set down his pink, overnight bag in the floor next to his bed and fell right onto the heavenly sheets. He sighed, turning himself over so his face was facing the ceiling. As he looked at the painted cream ceiling his mind started to overflow with thoughts he didn't want.

A wave of anxiousness brushed over him and he got that sickly feeling in his stomach, "Oh gosh no." He mumbled, fumbling around for his phone. He put on calming music as he began to change, taking deep breaths as he did so.

Soon, he was in his pyjama's and underneath the sheets. He put his AirPods on and played the music even louder, hoping he'd fall into a deep sleep but that never happened. He was foolish to think he would have a good night sleep in his abusive ex's parents house while struggling with insomnia.

He fell asleep at 4:12am, knowing he had to be up by 7:30am.