"Please wait I'll make you proper dinner. Bhaiya must be on his way." Parineet left his hands and he already missed the warmth of her hands on his. It was strange for Taran so he ignored it. Parineet went inside the kitchen to cook something and Taran was in the living room when the main gate flunged open, revealing a breathless and distressed Vicky calling out his sister.

"Pari! Pari!"

"Bhaiya what happened?" Pari came out of the kitchen hurriedly and hugged her brother. Taran also walked towards them. 

"Pari. Are you alright? Oh my good. I was so frightened. You are fine right?" He said without a pause and ran his hands over her face, checking if she is fine or not.

"I am absolutely fine. What happened to you? Why are you panicking?" 

"I have been calling you since half an hour now. But you weren't picking up so..I I thought.." he didn't want to complete the sentence with his frightening thoughts ever. He would never.

"Bhaiya actually.."

"Mr Kakkar we got looted today!" Before she could complete, Taran said, reminding them of his presence. Vikram wiped his tears that spilled out of his eyes on seeing his sister. He was surprised to find the doctor at his house at this hour in the night.

"Dr Taran? Pari? Loot? Are you fine? Is everything fine? You? Is it a robbery? But we don't have anything valuable with us? I saw no police in the society?" Vikram looked at his sister and bombarded her with multiple questions since he was very scared

"Bhaiya I was coming back from the clinic and it happened. It wasn't a robbery case." she mumbled in a low voice, because she knew that he would be more tensed after listening to this piece of information.

"Oh my goodness. Are you fine?"

"Dr Taran saved me bhaiya."

"I didn't do anything actually. I just surrendered everything."

"And it was not his mistake. They had me on their knife." Parineet said looking at Taran straight in his eyes, reminding him again that it was a tricky situation which wasn't in their favour so what he did was right. She can't let him think low of himself when actually he was the bravest of the two. Taran was taken aback as her stare held him. His mouth went dry seeing her, assuring and defending him of his strength and his inability to kick the goons away both at the same time.

"Dr Taran! You are an angel honestly." Vikram said to him with moist eyes. He can't express how many times, Taran has lessened his worries and problems when they have no one in this new city.

"Arre Mr Kakkar it's absolutely fine."

"Are you fine sir? I can see the bandage. I'm so sorry and I-. Thank you sir." Vikram saw he has got some injury at his hand.

"Please more than me, Parineet has a big cut on her stomach."

"What?" Vikram grew horrified and looked at his sister who was shockingly staring at Taran. He was smiling in return because he felt good after making her secret out. He knew she had no plans of informing about her own injury to her brother so he did. Atleast Vikram would ensure that she will take care of herself.

"But don't get scared. It's very superficial. I have told her an ointment and painkillers. She is fine." Taran added. As parineet was looking at him with anger, he smirked at her, not breaking the eye contact, and made the situation less difficult for her to handle. 

"Again thank you so much sir!" Vikram walked to him and thanked by shaking hands

"Please stop saying me sir and thank you. I feel suffocated."