Chapter 9 - 𝒦𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒶

England, 1492
----------------✧✦✧----------------

Nik had a birthday celebration and I had to be there. Well, truth be told, I didn't have any other place to be.

I was walking through the hall, when I encountered into someone.

"Look your steps, please!" I turned around to look at the person and was unable of words. It was her. But it wasn't possible. She was dead.

"I'm so sorry, my lady. I'm lost in here and I don't know anyone except Mr. Trevor," the girl, who looked exactly like Tatia, said.

"Oh, it's fine. What's your name again?" I asked her really confused, hiding it with a smile.

"Katerina Petrova, my lady," she said and made a curtsy.

"Eliza Mikaelson," I introduced myself to her, "you have to meet my brother. Wait here, I'm going to find him." I walked away looking for Elijah. Nik was of course late again. Like always. And Kol with Finn were God knows where. I spotted Bekah coquetting with some man like she used to do whenever she had a chance. Then she was going to fall in love with him and it was going to end up like it always had. The man was going to break her heart or Nik was gonna ruin it.

As I was making my way through the crowds, people were stopping me to have a word with me. Either because they wanted to talk to me or just because they wanted to know when Nik was about to get there and welcome them.

Candles were illuminating the whole room and musicians were playing on their instruments slow rhythmic melody. People were talking and gossiping about many things. Mainly about my brother. About who else, right? He was the one, who had birthday. Although, I heard some gossips even about me. It was about me refusing almost every man, who courted me. It was ridiculous. I didn't want to be like my sister. I didn't get how she hadn't learned a lesson. I didn't need any man to control me. I was okay by myself. Who would need men. For what? I had learned my lesson.

I spotted Elijah when I was passing two elder ladies. They were talking about a printer in London. He had died. According to them and well, according to everyone, it was his wife, who had killed him. Just because they had gotten into a quarrel the day before it had happened. Someone had stubbed him with a knife at least sixteen times. I didn't believe it had been his wife. One quarrel didn't mean she would kill him. Everyone thought that because the printer had been rich and his wife wanted his money. Such a nonsense. Everyone knew they had loved each other. Which was something I didn't have a chance to have. And I didn't want it.

Elijah was standing there with some obese lady, who looked like if she had eaten at least two roasted porks, two little piglets.

"Hi, can you excuse my brother for a moment? Thank you," I wrapped my arms around Elijah's left arm and led him few steps away from that woman.

"What is it, Eliza?" he asked.

"You need to go with me. I want to introduce you someone," I said, not suggesting anything that would tell him, who I meant.

"Is it another young lady you would like me to meet? If it's so, I'm refusing to go with you," he announced.

"Well..." I pressed myself closer to him.

"Eliza," he warned me.

"It is a lady, BUT," I raised my voice higher, "she's not exactly for you."

"Then who is it?"

"You will see," I just replied simply, leading him to Katerina, where Trevor was with her.

"Katerina," I addressed her and she turned around to me and Elijah along with Trevor.