Chapter 8 - 𝒜𝓁ℯ𝓍𝒶𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇

Italy, 1114
----------------✧✦✧----------------

Like I had once said, our family had made a lot of enemies over those years as vampires, and we had had to solve many different and difficult situations. We had had to deal with our enemies. One of those enemies was The Brotherhood of the five. It was a group of five supernaturally gifted vampire hunters.

"These demons live among you," the hunter said, walking around some iron box, "passing as human." I was standing there watching with other people.

"So witness with your own eyes," he opened the box and a man walked out. As soon as the sunlight touched him, it started burning him and he eventually bursted into flames. I winced as the fire consumed him and had compassions with him. It had to be painful. I was sadly watching it, when someone spoke to me, "Are you okay, Miss." I turned to that voice and there was him, the hunter.

"Oh, yeah," I played along, "it's just... scary. These creatures really live among us. It's..." I made a confused and frightened expression.

"I'm so sorry if I made you upset," he said.

"Apology accepted," I smiled at him slightly and looked behind him, where Nik and Elijah were standing.

"Oh, I have to go, if you excuse me," I turned back to him, "my brothers are waiting on me." I motioned to my brothers. The hunter turned to them and nodded at them for greetings.

"Of course," he turned back to me, brought my hand to his lips and gave it a soft kiss. I made a curtsy and walked away, rolling my eyes.

"You are quite an actress, sister," Nik said.

"Yeah, right," I replied mockingly.

"Although, you could use this to our benefit," he suggested.

"Really, and how?"

"He obviously fancies you. So you could use this and make him tell you all of his secrets." I gave him an unimproved look.

"Are you serious? I'm not doing that," I refused irritated. He couldn't be serious. "What if he finds out I'm a vampire? Plus an original."

"He won't," he assured me confidently.

"And what if he will? Rebekah can do this. She's the one who fancies him here. I'm not."

"But he doesn't want her, but you," Elijah joined him.

"Okay then," Nik spoke, "Rebekah will do it. But if she fails, you will do it." I sighed. "Fine," I rolled my eyes at him.

⚜⚜⚜

"I am unaccustomed to such luxury," Alexander, the hunter, said. I, Alexander and my siblings were sitting by the table in our gazebo. I had invited Alexander to have a lunch with us and he had gladly accepted. I had had to do it, because Rebekah had failed, so it was on me to get everything I could out of him. And the lunch was the perfect way, because I didn't have to be with him alone and my brothers could participate too.

We didn't have to be afraid of him with our daylight rings. He hunted just predators of the night, so we were quite safe around him.

"Well, it's the least we could do to repay you for opening our eyes to the truth," Elijah replied. "We're curious to hear more about your order, your crusade," he continued.

"We are but five men, bound by fire and the last breath of a dying witch to a single cause, the destruction of all vampires," Alexander raised his hand with a drink and cheered.

"And how do you hope to achieve this?" Klaus asked. I thought he was asking too much, but when I gave him a signal, he ignored it.

"We have the ultimate weapon, which no vampire can survive," Alexander explained confidently.