Chapter 4 - 𝒲𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ 𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝒽ℯ?

Author's note: Hi, I just want to refer to the one scene in this chapter. I want to say I don't have any experiences with the situation there. I don't know how it exactly works, but I wanted to have it in my story. I imagined the beginning of my story like that. So please, understand. I used just a few things I know about it.

⚜⚜⚜

1001 A.D.
----------------✧✦✧----------------

It had been already a month from the day Henrik had died and still, we all didn't come to terms with it. It was difficult. Before, I couldn't have imagined losing any of my siblings. Since Henrik had died, father had been trying to convince Ayana to help him protect us somehow. But Ayana didn't want to help us. She had said it was against the nature and that spirits would turn on us. Bekah had overheard their conversation, but it didn't seem they were really going to do something about it yet.

I was with Bekah in a forest. Mother had sent us there to collect some herbs. It had been nine months since the night with Thiago and seven from the day he had left me all alone. I knew that my little baby was about to see the world soon, but I didn't expect it in the situation like that; kind of far from home and that it would hurt so much.

Water poured out of me and then the pain came in. I growled and leaned against the tree nearby trying to breath, even though it wasn't that easy at all.

"Rebekah!" I screamed with my voice jumping at the end as another wave of pain hit me. She was by me in a minute.

"Eliza, what is it?" she asked panicked.

"The baby," I breathed out.

"Can you walk?"

"I don't know," I growled, but I tried. Although when we were almost home I couldn't continue. I didn't want to. My legs and fingers were swollen. The pain wasn't leaving and the baby didn't want to come out. I stopped and kneeled on the ground refusing to go.

"Eliza, come on. Just a few meters," Bekah pleaded, but I just shook my head. "Okay, hold on. I will bring help. Don't worry," she said and ran off. I stayed there alone trying not to perceive the pain and waiting on Bekah to come back.
She was back in a matter of time along with Elijah.

"Eliza, hold on," he ran to me and took me in his arms. He carried me all that way home. Finn noticed Rebekah and me in Elijah's arms coming from the woods. He hurried to Elijah and carefully took me from his arms into his own. Finn carried me inside to mother and laid me down.

"You can go, Finn. We will take care of your sister from now," Ayana, who was there too, said to him. I looked over to Finn who nodded and gave me one last look.

"No, no, Finn. Please, stay! Finn!" I screamed behind him. I didn't want to be there alone. I needed someone to hold my hand. I couldn't make it alone. I couldn't get through that pain.

3rd person
---------✨✨✨---------

When Elijah and Niklaus heard Eliza scream again, they wanted to go there and help her somehow, but Finn stopped them right away, "You're not supposed to go there."

"We don't care. We can't just let her suffer," Elijah stated and walked past him with Niklaus behind him. The look on their sister in that situation was painful. They never saw her like that; so powerless and in so much pain.

"Elijah, Niklaus!" Esther addressed them. "What are you doing here? Get out!"

"Elijah? Nik?" Eliza said exhausted. "Take my hand, please," she reached out her hand for Elijah to take it. He sat next to his sister and as soon as his finger tips touched her skin on her palm, she squeezed his hand with force he never thought she had. He knew his sister was strong, but not like that.