17. Safe

N/A: Enjoy a Stolas and Loona chapter!🩷 I'M SORRY I BEEN NEGLECTING Y'ALL 🥺

"Loona?" Stolas peeked into the hellhounds bedroom. The poor dear hasn't left her bedroom in a couple of days and he's genuinely worried that she might have taken her own life.

Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

Though, she was backed into a dark corner of the room with her knees to her chest. She looked absolutely mortified.

Stolas came into the room fully before shutting the door behind himself. "Loona, are you okay?"

Loona looked up from her knees with wet eyes. "H-he promised me...he promised... you're going to send me back... p-please don't send me back.."

Stolas could only imagine that meant she assumed that he was going to send her back to the pound.

He rushed over to her and wiped her eyes with his hands. "He never left you, dear. I will never leave you. Blitzø is perfectly fine, he's just in a mild coma."

Loona sniffled a little.

"Talk to me, dear. I want to know exactly how you feel." Stolas said.

Loona looked away. "I'm fine. It's nothing, just-"

"No, it's everything. You have deep rooted anger that obviously came from childhood trauma and it's making you hostile. It's making you afraid to get close to people. Everyone may just walk away from the problem or leave you for dead, but I'm not people. You have the heart of a warrior, Loona. You are so much better than anyone who's ever doubted you. You are perfect." Stolas looked into her eyes. "You are worth it."

Loona tried to hold herself together, but in that very moment she felt all of her emotions crash down like a wave. For the first time in her life, someone other than Blitzø genuinely cared about her. She actually felt safe. She felt protected. She felt loved.

But nothing prepared Stolas to get a tight hug from the hellhound followed by heavy sobbing. To which he returned with a tight hug and a light kiss on the head.

For a while, the two sat there just embracing one another.

That was, until Stolas pulled away and wiped her face with his thumb. "Feel better?"

Loona just nodded. "That felt...so good. Thank you, your highness."

"Shh." Stolas lifted her chin up with a warm smile. "You're family. Call me whatever you want." He planted a soft kiss on the hellhounds head. "How about we go for a ride? I'll even pack us a little snack. How does sandwiches and fruit salad sound?"

"Delicious honestly... I'm starving." Loona followed close behind the Goetia out of the bedroom.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Loona watched the owl lay down a large picnic blanket on the grass. They rode on a horse, just a couple of miles away from the farm to find a area where the cows wouldn't follow them and eat their lunch.

Once they were sat down and comfortable, Stolas handed her a sandwich.

"Here you go, dear."

Loona slowly took it. "Why are you so... okay with all of this? You need to go back home."

Stolas tilted his head. "Okay with the picnic or.."

"All of this! Stolas, my dad kidnapped you! He forced himself onto you! He stripped you of your powers! He's lied to you! He almost KILLED you AND your daughter! Why are you okay with that?! Why aren't you killing any of us?! Especially me?" Loona's voice cracked as she sucked up the tears that were threatening to come out.

Stolas sighed. "Loona, if I wanted to kill any of you, I would have no problem doing so. My powers being gone is a minor setback. I'm not angry because your father kidnapped me. I feel so much more free now that I'm here with all of you." The prince gently cupped her face in his hands. "Especially you. Loona, you must understand that you are a vibrant and beautiful young lady. You're a hands on, strong, independent and very intelligent girl and I would never replace you. Blitz would never replace you. Via needs a big sister, a positive female role model in her life."

Loona looked at him with tear filled eyes. "..Really? I thought she was afraid of me.."

"Afraid? She's always begged me for a sister and you were the closest thing to that. She loves spending time with you and she's comfortable with you. I'll never leave your side, Loona. I promise. You're safe." Stolas opened his arms, pulling the hellhound into a tight hug which she gladly returned.

"Thank you...thank you for loving us.."

"Thank you for accepting me."