Chapter 12: The Clawthorne's Life

!~ TW Strong Language~!

Eda pov

******************

"Shit, shit, shit!!!" I yelled. I was on the ground looking and picking up the ashes of the old portal. "No, nononono!! FUCK!" I started crying, knowing that I can't do anything to get the kids back here. "Why the FUCK did she do this!! She knew my fucking KID was in there!!" I pounded the ground with my fists. "Umm E-Eda, are you ok" King asked quietly looking at me. I took a deep breath, wiped my tears and looked back him. "*sniffle* yea King, I'm uhh... I'm ok." He came up to me and gave me a tight hug. "We'll get them back, I just know it!" He said confidentiality. I let him go and said "No buddy... I don't think we can. I'm sorry" I looked at him sadly. He stood there for a second then said "c'mon Eda, you're Eda the Owl Lady of course we can get'em back. We have you the most powerful witch on The Boiling Isles!" He raised his fist cheerfully. I giggled at his cute antics, "Well I guess we do have the key (I edited the 3rd chapter so Lilith gave Eda the key) so yea let's try and get them back!" I exclaimed. "Yay!!" King celebrated.

~Time skip 4 days~

It's been 4 days since Luz and the others have been gone. 4 days since what Lilith did. 4 days since I've slept. I've been up day and night trying to figure out how to get them back, but to no avail. I haven't found anything, I've gone to the library, I've read BOOKS, and I hate, HATE books! I've searched for everything but have found nothing. "Eda I think you should rest, you haven't slept in a while" King said concerned. "No I can't, I have to find a way for them to get back. I just have to!" I yelled. I looked over at king and sighed "Sorry for yelling, but I'm just so stressed with all of this." I sat down on the couch in defeat. I put my head in my hands and started crying. I tried to conceal my sobs but I couldn't. I laid back and sobbed more, I think King noticed because he laid a comforting paw on my back. "Hey Eda it'll be ok. I know we'll get them back, just gotta keep working at it." I looked at him and controlled my tears. "I- I just wanted her to-to visit an-and now I'll never be able to see her again. And the others, how and I gonna explain this to their parents. They probably just think that they've gone missing, b-but they're really just stuck in that realm... because of me" I hung my head and cried more. King didn't say anything but he hugged me gently. We sat there until I calmed down, "Eda no matter what, we will get them back" King said. "YeA WE wILl!" Me and King both screamed "Titan Hooty, you can't do that! *huff* *huff* th-thank you for the upbeat attitude and encouragement though. Both of you, thank you." "Mom- I mean- I-" King stuttered. "Hey King, it's alright you can call me what you want." "Oh- ok so, M-Mom you have to get some sleep then we can continue but you won't be able to think if you don't sleep." I nodded my head and stood up and went upstairs to my nest to sleep.

10 minutes later I was still wide awake, I was thinking about how to get the portal running again. 'I need to get some sleep and get that portal working again. I also need to tell the kids parents what happened, but I will never tell Odalia what happened. I might tell Alador though, he's been more kind and chill to his kids in the past couple years. Though-' My thoughts got cut off when my door creaked. "Who is is?" I asked, sitting up, the door opened to reveal King standing in the doorway. "Hey bud, what'd you need?" I asked "Can I sleep here tonight? I can't sleep." "Yea King, c'mere" he came over to my nest and laid down next to me. I laid down and he scooted closer to me, I put my arm around him protectively. King yawned "Night mom..." he drifted to sleep. I still couldn't sleep for a while. I laid there awake for 2 hours thinking and reflecting. 'Why did I let her go, I mean I know she would have had to got back eventually, but still. She was here for so long, she could have stayed longer, but no, now she's stuck in her realm. I mean she's probably having fun with the others.' I started to feel my eyes closing slowly. 'I just wish she could have-' *Yawn* '-stayed.' My eyes closed and I could feel sleep taking over. I sighed quietly and accepted sleep.