Chapter 11: Unexpected Changes

!~TW- Strong Language and Bullying~!

Just so you know, school starts at 7:45 AM.

Luz pov

******************

11:00 PM

It's been hours and she hasn't woken up yet. I've been up this whole time not even thinking about sleep. 'I hope she wakes up soon. I swear on my life I will find out what happened.' My thoughts got interrupted by Emira's hand on my back. "Hey you should get some sleep. We have to go to school tomorrow." Em stated. "No Em I'm not going to bed until I know she is ok! She's been asleep since, what, 1:00." I asserted. "I know Luz bu-" "No! You can not make me do anything until she wakes up!!" I yelled. "Ok, ok. But can you tell us when she wakes up?" Em asked. "Yea... sure." Em gives me her signature kiss on the cheek and leaves the room. I grabbed Amity's hand and held it to my head "Please gods wake her up. I'll do anything just please" and as if on cue she woke up. "L-Luz?" "Amity!!!" I yelled as I hugged her. She hugged me back and giggled, I pulled away from the hug "Hey what's so funny?!" I ask. "It's just you're so happy right now and I have to say it, you're very cute." I looked at her with the biggest smile on my face and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks, I thanked her. We sat there looking at each other awkwardly "Hey so do you know what happened to make you feel sick?" "No I just started to feel tired and sick when we ordered." "Ok well do you feel better now?" I questioned. "Yea I don't feel as sick but I'm still tired." I looked at her baffled. "What?" "You just slept for 9 HOURS and you're still tired." I said sarcastically. "Well yea but I didn't get sleep last night" "fair but if you wanna go back to bed go ahead." I said pulling out my phone. "Aren't you going to bed? It's like 11:10." Amity questioned. "Nope, not tired." I said scrolling on Reddit. "How are you not tired? You've been up since like 10 o clock." "Look Ami I haven't slept for like 3 days in a row before, i think one night will be fine" "You haven't slept for 3 days before!?" I nodded my head still paying attention to my phone. "Come on Luz, at least lay down." Amity said. "No. Not tired" I murmured. "Come on".

After about 5 minutes of back&forth with Amity, I laid down next to her. I was still on my phone going through apps to try and cure this boredom I felt. I was scrolling through Instagram when Amity yanked my phone away from me. "Hey what the fuck!? Gimme back my phone!" I yelled. Amity turned the phone off, giving me no response, and put it on the bedside table. "Amity. Phone. Now" I demanded. "Nope." "Amity!! Give me my god damn phone!!" She shook her head 'no'. "*sigh* fine" I turned onto my right side, looking away from Amity. "Aww c'mon Luz it's just a phone" Amity said jokingly. I didn't respond, "Luz pleaseeee I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad". I sat up and looked at her "it's fine. You're right it's just a phone but don't take it again please." "Ok but-" she pulled me down and laid on top of me. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. "I want to cuddle. I'm tired and you make It easier to sleep." I looked at her and smiled "Ok then, let's go to sleep".

We laid there talking for a while until I could feel her dosing off. "Hey, Amity if you want to go to sleep, you can" I said "*Yawn* Ok, I love you..." she muttered. "Wait- w-what did you say?" by the time I finished my sentence she was already fast asleep. "I- I love you too Ami" I sighed happily.

I laid there for what felt like hours. I had been playing with Amity's soft green hair. "*sigh* I love you so much Ami. I don't know how to tell you how I feel. I wish It was easy, why can't this be easy?" I laid there still, looking at her beautiful face. She looked so calm and relaxed. I looked over to see my phone on the table, I went to grab it and I felt something tugging on my shirt. I looked down again to see Amity grabbing my shirt tightly and mumbling something. I put my hand on her back and gently rub in circles, trying to reassure her that I'm not going anywhere. After a few minutes she calmed down. I kept rubbing her back and after a while I felt my eyes start to get heavy. My eyes started to close slowly, but I tried to fight sleep. I didn't want to fall asleep not knowing why that happened to Amity. I took my free hand and rubbed my eyes with it. I felt a hand pull my arm down, "You ca- *yawn* can sleep..." Amity sleepily said. And with that I finally let sleep take over.