Chapter 12 - My morning with pancakes

A/N: This picture is here just because I like it. Piano room in the Taylor house does not look anything like that. (Although this one has its own charm...)

I can't sleep.

Out of pity. I shouldn't have been thinking about him so much, I know it's desperate and I'm acting like a crybaby. It's just that he hurt me and about hurt we think way to much. I got to be honest with myself — I mostly wasn't thinking about hurt but about Matt.

I groan and burry my head in the pillow.

"Sleep, god damn it!"

I look at the door...No, I shouldn't! But...

I stand up feeling like I am about to commit a crime. Silently opening the door and tiptoeing to the other end of the hallway, I come to a stop in front of a piano. Giant windows behind it are giving me a night look over the street and it's somewhat magical. I've always been drawn to the night, I always felt butterflies when I looked outside.

I sit on a stool and just watch the tiles, outlined with moonlight, for a moment. Then I look over my shoulder towards the closed door.

They are soundproof, right? I sure hope so.

I gently place my fingers on the piano and play the opening notes to Clair de lune. I lost myself in the middle, no more playing with conscious and before I know it, the song is over and I am slowly coming back to my senses.

Music always brings out emotions in me, I've started crying before just because of playing or listening to a song. I stop overthinking then and focus on important stuff and heavy things and so no wonder I am now sitting behind a grand piano, crying like a baby. If thoughts flow more freely during my playing, then there is nothing to stop the bad ones and shield me from pain.

What did I ever do wrong to deserve all of it? Is it maybe just a test, so I would easier cope in the world later? Do I need to suffer now so I can live happy latter?

"You play?"

I turn, startled by the sudden interruption. Wylan is leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed and smiling nicely at me.

"So-sorry." I sob and wipe the tears away. "I didn't mean to wake anyone I just..." What was the excuse? Everything I would say would just sound selfish. So I stays silent.

Wylan sits next to me and embraces me in his arms. I go stiff which he notices and sighs but pulls away nonetheless.

"I'm sorry."

"Why? You don't like being touched by strangers, I get that. It's completely understandable considering...Ah, why don't I rather stop talking."

Cocking his head to the side he asks, "How are you?"

That's a tough one. I want to say fine so I could not deal with everything...but I also want to say horrible and deal with it all.

"I...I'm not fine." I finally say. Well done Laken, not fine, that just explains everything.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I look up at Matt's brother and his brown curls. Do I? Something about Wylan's presence makes me want to open up.

"I don't want to burden you..."

"You wouldn't." He cuts me off. "If you would, I wouldn't ask."

How is he so nice and Matt is not. Are we sure one of them isn't adopted? And what do I do now? Do I just start talking or is he going to ask something or...? I'm not really good at this talking and opening up thingy.