? missing ?

(Edited Feb 2023)

T/W: MENTION OF MURDER, BREAK UP SCENE
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
reader key:

Y/N: your name
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I trudged through the front door and towards the living room, more than ready to fall asleep on the couch after complaining over every problem, big and small, to ed.

"Ugh, you would not believe the day I ha- oh" I froze in the doorway as I walked in on Edward and Isabella...making out...in my living room...

My heart fell into my stomach at the sight, and I clenched my jaw angrily, clearly my efforts to scare her off had failed.

"Oh! Y/n! Uhm, this- this is Isabella!" Ed said, clearly embarrassed as he introduced her.

"We've met! " I said, forcing a smile "Well I'm exhausted, im going to bed, goodnight!" I said quickly

"Wait, but you-" ed tried to question.

"Goodnight" I said, my false cheery-ness fading away slightly.

I headed to my room with no more complaints from ed, locking the door before throwing myself into bed. kicking my shoes off, but leaving my clothes on.

I wrapped myself in the blankets before pulling a pillow to my chest and burying my face in it, tears welling in the corners of my eyes.

I'm such a moron, why the hell did I have to love someone who didn't love me back? Why the hell didn't I just tell him before he met her, at least then id have some closure instead of having to see him falling more and more in love with her.

After around an hour of laying in bed crying softly, I heard them leave in ed's car.

I slowly sat up, sitting on the edge of my bed while staring at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess, my eyes were red and puffy from crying, and the tear tracks down my cheeks were almost painful to the touch.

Why was I doing this to myself? Why was I staying around the people who were hurting me? Being mayor was no longer worth the effort, I wish I could just...leave...

Well, what's stopping me?

I have nobody who would care if i left, running gotham wasn't a good enough excuse to be around ed 24/7, and I had enough money to go wherever the Hell I wanted.

That settles it, I'm leaving. Fuck this city, fuck isabelle, fuck everything.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-the next day-

Ed's P.O.V

I pushed open the door to the manor, looking around for y/n, getting slightly concerned as I found no sign of anyone.

Usually Y/n was awake but this time, already in the kitchen drinking their coffee, but there was not a single sign of life in the manor.

"Y/n?" I called out, getting no response.