? decisions ?

❔💚Ed💚❔
==========

T/W: DEATH
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Reader key:

Y/N: your name
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat in a chair in barbara's club, the sirens with Tabby and barb stood in front of me. My head was fuzzy and it took Barbara a few tries to get me to listen to her.

"Y/n baby, here's the deal. You call ed, keep him on the line for a while, long enough to track his phone, and then you're free to go. you can leave gotham, start over, and I swear on my life that ill never try and track you down. I mean, it's a win-win, the man who betrayed you dies, and you get to leave Scot free, doesn't that sound great?".

"So...Ed helped you get rid of me, and now that you don't need him anymore, you need my help to get rid of him?" I asked, laughing dryly.

"Yep, that's about it, whatcha say?" Barbara asked, bending over to be at my level and shooting me a charming smile.

I was silent for a while, staring at the phone placed on the table in front of me. With anyone else, i wouldn't hesitate to seal their fate, but...with ed...I couldn't. As strange as it sounds, i still loved him, and I always would

"In that warehouse ed told me that love is about sacrifice, and that, i couldn't sacrifice my happiness for his...But I'm ready now...

I.
Wont.
Call.
Ed."

I told Barbara with a teary smile. She gave me a look a couldn't fully read, incredulous, shocked, and something else I didn't know.

"So you would rather let the man who betrayed you go ftee, and have me kill you, than give him up and go free? Are you insane?" She asked.

"I do sound insane don't i? well I guess I am, because even after everything he's done...I love him, and id do anything for him, isn't that crazy?" I laughed, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Very..." I familiar voice echoed through the club.

I watched as ed came to a stop next to Barbara, slowly realizing what was going on.

"of course, you two are still working together, and these are just more ways to hurt me" I said softly, looking down into my lap with a bitter smile.

"That was the plan, yes. I put this together to prove to you that you don't actually love me, and that you lost everything over nithing, but..."

"but I do love you, i proved you wrong and fucked up your plans, so what does that mean? " I asked.

"i-i dont...I don't know what it means" ed replied, slightly flustered.

It didn't take ed long to compose himself "I want you to keep them here for a few days, don't let them go no matter what, understand? I'll be back to pick them up, until then, goodbye" ed said coldly, walking out of the club.

"Damn...I know I caused all of this, but I feel bad for you...how about we have a drink, huh? I'll untie you too, but don't try and escape or I'll have to shoot you in the knees" Barbara said sympathetically with a sweet smile.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-three days later-