13 - Two Trucks

Y/N POV

"Where are you taking me exactly?" I questioned, staring out the car window. "It's a surprise" he replied. I glanced over at him. He had a stupid grin on his face.

I sank in my seat "Hey! Up" he directed, grabbing the back collar of my shirt and getting me to sit back up. "How did you not stretch out my collar?" I questioned. "Grabbing people by the collar is an art of mine. I'm just really good at it" he told me, his eyes never left the road this entire time.

I scratched the back of my neck, "So, why do you want me to be a loser and sit properly in the car?" I asked him.

"Because if we get into a crash and the airbag comes out your nose and shit will be no longer with us" he replied. "Oh. Good point. But also, when was the last time someone got into a car accident?" I questioned. "Every fucking day!" Will exclaimed, laughing.

"That's no laughing matter, Wilbur" I said in a serious tone. He glanced at me and poked my nose.

We kept driving in silence. The only sound was a Harry Styles song on the radio that Will turned down to low volume. For "reasons."

I couldn't help but lean in my seat and close my eyes. It was so relaxing. The small vibrations the car I got was like a feather light massage. And hearing Will's every now and then yawns, coughs, and sneezes kept reassuring me of his presence. As if I thought he would fade to dust and the car was running on its own.

My finger tapped the bottom of my car window along with a song the radio was playing. I already asked Will if we could listen to either my or his playlist but he declined for whatever reason.

"We're almost there. Don't fall asleep." Will's voice was so soothing, how could I not fall asleep? I opened my eyes so I wouldn't fall asleep. I stared wide eyed at my window. My eye lids were so heavy.

He parked on the side of the road and we both got out of the car. We stood in front of a restaurant. It was huge, old, and beautiful. I didn't realize I audibly gasped until Will laughed. "Come on! In we go" he said, taking my hand in his and walking in the building.

"Reservation for Wilbur" Will told the girl at the front desk. She nodded and checked her screen to make sure he wasn't making this shit up. "Right this way!" she said with a smile, leading us to a table next to a big window in the back.

Will pulled my chair out for me before sitting down in his own chair. "Will, I think we're underdressed" I admitted, looking around seeing fancy people chatting and digging into their food.

Wilbur laughed, "We're fine! No one cares. And if they do then that's their problem. Not ours" he said before opening the menu. I took a peek at the menu too. My eyes immediately looked on with one food item. "Ramen" I mumbled to myself.

"You know what you want?" Will asked me. I nodded. "Hello, I'm Kal and I'll be your waiter today. What can I get started for you today?" they asked us. "I would like the baked lemon garlic salmon" Will said. "Right, and you?" the waiter looked at me after writing down Will's order. "The beef ramen" I replied. "Alright. Thank you for choosing us to serve you" they said with a small nod of the head and leaving.

"If you wanted to take me out to eat you could've just gotten Wendy's" I told Will. He chuckled and shook his head, "I wanted something different for you" he replied. "Oh?"

He gave me a soft smile, "You've only ever had Wendy's since you got here. And to be honest, I'm getting sick of seeing someone else only eat take-out" he said. I laughed, "I guess you're right" I said shrugging.

I never really thought about it to be honest. Sure, I might've mentioned it once but I didn't expect this! Who am I kidding? This is Will we're talking about. I should've expected this from him.

"Are you excited for the new album to come out?" I asked him. "Yeah! It's going to be exciting for sure. Charles is going to get...yeah." "Why?" I asked him. "Well, you know how he is. And when he finds out we have 5 songs instead of 6 on the album..."

"What happened to the sixth song?" I questioned. "We just never really got around to doing it. It's okay though, the five songs are perfect" Will assured me.

I gave him a slanted smile, "You scare me sometimes" I admitted. "I do? How?" "I just don't know when I'm going to wake up and find out that Charles has your head on a wooden spear" I told him. Will laughed, "Hopefully not soon" he replied.

"And here is your food" the waiter said, putting down our food. I stared at it in pure awe. The waiter poured wine in our glasses and then left.

Wilbur was about to dig into his food until I smacked his hand away. "Hey!" he sounded hurt. "Hold on" I whispered. I hovered my phone over our food and took a couple pictures. "Beautiful" I admired my own handy work with the camera.

Will just laughed at me. "Weirdo" he teased me. "Will! This food looks like it came straight out of a Studio Ghibli movie!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, you're right" he admitted, staring at the food with me.

After a couple of minutes of admiring how the food looks, we started to eat it. "Oh my god. This is perfect" I said, my mouth full of food. "Agreed."

While eating our meal a thought popped into my mind. "Hey Will? Is this a date?" I asked him. He almost spit out his wine. "What? No. What gave you that idea?" he asked me. I shrugged, "Fancy food, giving each other stupid smiles...it's a date" I confirmed in my mind. He smiled, "Then a date it is" he said.

TIME SKIP

Will and I walked out of the restaurant, stuffed to the brim with food. We got back into the car and started continuing our conversation we were having inside the restaurant.

As we drove, I got a weird feeling. "Hey, Will? -" A semitruck went speeding down the highway not even two feet away from our car. A second one was right on the other's tale. My fingers dug into Will's arm. We stared at the highway, wide eyed. We slowly got onto the interstate.

"What were you going to say? Y/n?" Willa sked me, his voice a little shaky. "I was going to say I feel strange but...now I just feel scared" I replied. Will swallowed hard, "I told you putting on your seatbelt saves you."