chapter fifty eight

Start from the beginning

"Thanks."

"You get it done?" Jungwoo asks when they come back, making Yangyang laugh which relaxes Ten.

"He set me, well not straight but you get the idea."

"Good."

Jungwoo eyes Yangyang before making Ten face him so he can kiss his forehead and nose. Darci and Jaemin do the same thing, minus the hostility. Ten giggles at his friends and kisses their their cheeks before exiting his apartment.

"Take care of him or so help me!" Jungwoo calls after Yangyang.

"I will, I promise!" Yangyang calls back.

They watch until the car disappears.

Darci looks at Jaemin and Jungwoo. "I'm gonna go now. It was nice seeing you again, Jaemin."

"You too."

Darci waves at them and then walks out. Jungwoo shuts the door behind him and then immediately opens Tens cabinet for a snack. Jaemin gets one too and follows Jungwoo to the living room where he gets pulled down onto the couch right next to his friend.

"What's wrong? I can already tell something's on your mind."

"Promise not to get all protective yet?"

Jungwoo sits up and looks I've at Jaemin, concern on his face. "Did something happen?"

"No, it's just that I have all these things occupying my mind."

"Okay."

When Jaemin finishes explaining everything, Jungwoo crushes him in a hug.

"Are you sure you don't wanna talk to them?"

"I'm not ready to ruin things yet", Jaemin mumbles.

"Bub, you're not gonna ruin things."

"I am. Sometimes it's hard for Haechan now but there's no way I can handle actually knowing he's not in love with me. At least now, I can be delusional. And same thing with Jeno, I don't wanna find out I care more."

"He helped you. He cares somewhat."

"It doesn't matter", Jaemin whines. "He likes Haechan and Mark more anyways."

Jungwoo wants to say more but he refrains, knowing Jaemins not in the state to accept his words. He just cuddles Jaemin closer.

Sensing eyes on him, Ten looks up and finds Yangyang smiling with his phone angled at him.

"Sorry, I like to take pictures of things that are pretty or cute."

Ten chuckles, and looks to the other side as he feels his face heat. "I don't mind", he says, looking down at the cat, Simon.

"Oh, good. Perks of being associated with me is that you get a built-in photographer."

"That's nice. Jaemin likes photography. He always takes pictures of scenery or his friends."

"He seems nice. And Jungwoo probably is too, just protective, which is cute."

Ten nods. "He's insanely sweet but the most assertive out of the three of us."

"Ah, I see."

The two play with the animals for a little while longer and then get out of the area to eat. While they're eating, Ten's phone buzzes a few times in a row.

"Should you check that?" Yangyang asks.

"It's probably the groupchat." But worried it's not, he checks it anyways and gasps, startling his date.