◇Goodnight My Love◇

Rui x gn! Reader

You lie in your bed, resting peacfully in a dream

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

You lie in your bed, resting peacfully in a dream. Groggily, you open your eyes due to notifications continuously coming out of your phone. You remain in your state for a few seconds trying to decide whether you should reach for your phone or not. You decided to take the risk of losing your sleepiness, unplugging your phone from its charger being blinded by it's light. You turn your brightness down immediately, adjusting your eyes to the screen. "242..." You whisper too yourself in a tired state. 242 messages from your beloved boyfriend, Rui Kamishiro. You quietly laugh at the messages he sent before drifting off back to your dream. Something about coming over? You don't know.

You only got a few moments more of sleep before it was interrupted by a tap on your bedroom window. You chose to ignore it, but it happened again. You reluctantly get out of bed and stumble over to your window. You open it to find the source of the noise. It was Rui throwing small pebbles at your window. "Rui...?" You say in a tired, hushed voice. He held a [your favorite flower] in his hand, he stared up at you and smiled. You sigh and smile back before you left your window to let him in through the front door.

You open the door, there he stood, as beautiful as ever. Now that you were closer to him you noticed that he had a tote bag over his shoulder, he looked tired much like you. You give him a dopey smile before letting him in. After entering he took his shoes off and placed his bag down. Soon after he pulled you into a hug, lifting you and spinning you around slightly before putting you back down. "I missed you..." He whispers into your ear as he held you close. "You saw me two days ago Rui..." You drowsily laugh at his antics. "Why are you here at this time of night, love?" You ask him quietly as to not wake anyone in your home. You both still held one another closely. "I sent you messages remember? I wanted to spend the night with you..." He says matching your tone of voice. "Sorryyy. Maybe if you planned this with me in the morning I would have remembered." You say sarcastically. He let's out a small giggle before pulling away from the hug, you doing the same. Your mind ran back to the flower in his hand, you took a quick glance at it before looking at him again. "Oh..! This is for you. I grew it myself." He said softly, handing you the flower. Your heart explodes as your face grew warm. It was pretty obvious that it was for you when you saw it, but the gesture still made your heart skip a beat. "Thank you." you smile at him, making your way to the kitchen to retrieve a small vase to place the flower in. "I don't have anything for you though." You say in a guilty tone as you return to him. "Hehe, that's okay...you can always return the favour with a kiss?" He replies in a jokey manner with his signature cat like grin. "Hmm...fine..." You utter before cupping his face with your hands and placing your lips gently onto his. He seems a little shocked at first when you actually kissed him, but he quickly relaxes and slowly kisses you back holding you by your waist, tilting his head slightly. This continued for a few minutes, you both gave each other sweet, tender kisses on the nose, cheeks, lips, everywhere.

You pull away and stare into his golden eyes, caressing his cheeks with your thumbs. It was only then you realised how tired he looked. His eyes had dark circles under them and the corners of them were tinted red. "Rui..." You say in a sad tone, "have you not been sleeping?" You continue to rub his cheek with your thumb. His smile fades, now a sad smile lay on his face. "I've just... been busy my love. I've had no time to sleep." He sounded regretful, yet he tried to speak in a happy tone.
You frown at his explanation. You have noticed his sluggish behavior in school but you thought nothing of it. A wave of guilt hit you. How could you not do anything to help him. He needed you and you just dismissed his behavior.
"But that's why I'm here! To join you in a restful sleep." He smiles again, a similar smile to before. A genuinely happy one.
You move your hands down to his own, guiding him to your room. "You get dressed okay?" You say quickly grabbing his bag so you could give it to him. He nods and closes the door.

You sit on the couch resting your head on your hand. Guilt still lingers over you, not doing anything before hand about Rui’s sleep schedule made you question your role as his partner. But, maybe you could do something now. You could help him now... yeah... you could do that, you thought to yourself before you nodded off. In a few moments you felt someone lift you from your position, cradling you. You feel them walk somewhere after a few moments. This woke you slightly, you only had to open your eyes a little to realise it was Rui. You smile softly, closing your eyes once again.

He places you on your bed, the soft texture could cause you to drift into a deep sleep immediately. He crawls in bed next to you, drawing the covers over you both before pulling you close to his body so he could cuddle you. You could feel his cold hands through your pyjamas. despite this, his embrace was warm and comforting. The room was filled with a comfortable silence. It was just you and Rui snuggled together on your bed. Everything else was insignificant in that moment. You managed to stay awake just a little longer so you could bask in the moment.

Eventually your eyes grew heavy and it became increasingly difficult to fight the sleepiness back. You take one last look at Rui’s sleeping features, consumed by his beauty. You finally curl your arms around him, bringing yourself closer to him, entering your own peaceful rest.