The next morning we have breakfast before being drug out to the heated pool.

I stay back for a minute, pulling Kevin over to the side.

"Whatcha need, Son?"

I swallow the lump in my throat, taking a seat on the couch next to Kevin.

"There's actually something I would like to talk to you about.", I look the grey haired man right in the eye.

"Shoot."

I wipe my palms on my board shorts, "So.. Something happened last night.."

"Did you have sex with my daughter in my house?"

My eyes widen, "What? No. I would never."

Kevin is silent for a minute before he bursts out laughing, "I'm just fucking with ya, calm down. What happened?"

"So, um.. Charlie kind of referred to Brinley as her mom, and then I kind of blurted out that I love her.", I begin to ramble with my nervousness.

Kevin smiles, "That's good. Isn't it?"

"Of course it is. It just made me realize something."

"You're not gonna break Brin's heart, are you?", Kevin leans forward, resting his elbows on is knees.

"Definitely not. The opposite, actually."

"You gonna propose or something?"

I shake my head, "Not yet.. I just.. I want to know, that, when the time comes that I do want to propose, you'll be okay with it."

A smile spreads across Kevin's face, "You're asking for my blessing? To marry my daughter, in the future?"

"Yes sir."

He nods his head to the side, "Well that's a new one."

I sigh, "I just want to make sure that I'm not putting my whole self into something that you, or Sawyer, don't approve of."

Kevin sits up, placing his hand on my shoulder, "Christian. You're a good man. You're a good father. I respect you. We respect you.. Hell, we love you already. Yes, you have my blessing. You make my daughter happy and you've given her something she never thought she'd have." He turns his head to look out the window and I follow his gaze, just in time Charlie push Brinley into the pool- fully clothed.

"She means a lot to me sir."

"Quit calling me "Sir", you're family. Act like it.", Kevin says with a chuckle.

"What do you want me to call you then?"

He shrugs, "Kevin is fine.. Or..", he starts to look nervous, "If you.. If you ever feel comfortable enough.. You could always call me.. D-", he cuts himself off with a shake of his head.

"Dad?"

"Yeah.. Only if you want to."

I smile, "Someday."

Kevin smiles again and nods, "Okay.. Okay, good. Yeah, that's good."

*

"I've missed your bed!", Brinley shouts, falling backwards onto my bed.

I chuckle, walking into my en suite bathroom.

When we got back home, Brinley couldn't come over and stay because she had to work. But, finally, the weekend was here which meant she is all mine.

"Brin! Brin! Brin!" Charlie comes running into my room.

"Charlie, why aren't you in bed?", I poke my head out of the bathroom.