⁷ peer pressure

┍━━━━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━┑

┕━━━━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━┙

[korean, english]

⠀⠀⠀⠀IMANI HELD THE children in her arms as she ran down the hallway of the fourteenth floor. Once she was in front of apartment 1408, she gently knocked on the door while looking around the hallway for any monsters. As the door slowly opened, the three were greeted by a cannon being pointed at their faces. The children hid their faces in her shoulder out fear while Imani shook her head.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I have children!" She whispered-yelled. The man lowered his weapon and waved for them to come inside. Imani stepped inside of the apartment then set the kids down on their feet. She closed the door behind her before taking off her boots.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Take off your shoes, kiddos." She instructed quietly. The siblings both nodded, following her actions by taking off their shoes. Imani grabbed them and sat all three pairs in a corner along with their backpacks. She didn't even give herself a chance to walk into his living room before her legs gave out. She plopped herself onto the floor in front of the door, panting loudly to catch her breath. She noticed that the kids were standing close to her, staring at Mr. Han in fear. She nodded towards him. "This is Mr. Han. Say hello."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ The children bowed towards the man, mumbling a quick hello. He smiled before his eyes moved back to Imani.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What happened? Where's the boy?" He asked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"He's fighting off a monster." Imani answered. "He'll be here soon... I hope–"

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Her words were interrupted by a knock on the door. Imani quickly instructed the kids to hide behind the couch in the living room. She stood to her feet, grabbing her axe that laid next to her. She looked back at Mr. Han who had his cannon ready. He nodded for her to open the door. She slowly opened it to see Hyunsu with his hands up.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I brought someone." He whispered. He stepped aside revealing an older woman with fresh blood all over the lower half of her face. Imani's eyes widened once she recognized her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Oh, shit! It was that lady who got the beat down from the protein monster earlier.

⠀⠀⠀⠀ She stepped inside of the apartment despite the fact that a cannon was still aimed at her head.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Who are you?" Mr. Han questioned suspiciously. Hyunsu walked in after her, closing the door behind them. The woman didn't reply, taking a look around the room as if she was searching for something. Once she saw what she was looked for, she smiled. Imani followed her eyes to the children who were peeking their little heads over to couch they hid behind. The woman waved at them both.