"I don't give a shit what this place is as long as it's not a jungle." Said the marine.

"They are medieval in armature." Said Katya. Dietrich turned to watch as she walked up to the group. Katya stopped and unslung her SVT, resting it's buttstock on the ground and leaning on it much like one would do to a cane.

"We have been able to easily kill them due to their smaller stature. We have stolen food undetected from them. They know not of who or what we are." Said Katya. She brushed a few strands of her hair under her pilotka, stretching her neck enough that it popped.

"They only know that something is out there." She said. Dietrich nodded and pointed towards the direction of the larger village.

"There is a town with over fifty buildings a few kilometers in that direction." Dietrich then pointed towards the bandit camp.

"The place we have been raiding for supplies is a bandit camp which has hostages and much more food. It is lead by a female with a leopard spot coat. Those are the animals that we have been picking off one by one." Said Dietrich. Hudson lifted his head slightly in realization, widened his eyes just a little.

"You're hunting them. You just got here and you're hunting them." Said the marine. Dietrich nodded.

"Yes. We must do what is necessary to survive." Said Dietrich. He narrowed his eyes at the marine.

"Surely, you must understand this? Your clothes are faded. You have been in the war for a long time, Corporal. You must have figured out about survival at some point in time." Asked Dietrich. Hudson angled his head to one side and waved his torch.

"Yes. Survival through superior firepower." Said Hudson, sarcastically. Dietrich looked to Hiroshi and then back to Hudson.

"And superior firepower is what we will always have in this planet. They are going to fight us with sticks and stones! Bows and arrows! We will fight them with our guns and our flames!" Said Dietrich, with a growl. He balled his gloved fists and opened them up, feeling his lust for blood course through his veins.

"We will stand over them. We will vanquish them and show this planet that we will be the most dangerous game." Proclaimed Dietrich. Hudson nodded, his mouth lazily hanging open.

"Yeah. You're off your rocker. I must be dreaming, so until you show me these 'animals' that you speak so fondly of, I am going to look for a way to wake myself up." Said Hudson. Dietrich shrugged and looked to Katya as Hiroshi reached behind himself and produced a submachinegun that had been hanging off his body by a rope sling.

"Let us see these creatures you speak of, German." Said Hiroshi. Dietrich took notice of the Japanese man's pencil mustache and slightly aged appearance. Dietrich wasn't able to discern how much of the man's aging was natural or stress induced from the war.

"Then again...Japanese soldiers never stressed about war." Thought Dietrich. Quickly, he put his mind back on track.

"We can go see the bandit camp but listen to what I will say. We must remain vigilant and alert at all times. We must remain quiet and silent, moving slowly at all times. I refuse to allow our element of surprise to be thrown away. Do as I say and we can easily vanquish this threat."

XXX

"A hunter knows the routines of his prey. It allows him to tip the balance of the scales to be in his favor." Thought Dietrich.

His fathers teachings had carried him for so long that he had nothing else to rely on. Then again, he did not need to rely on anything else. His mission was to survive, and if he used what he was taught, he would do just that.