Chapter Eleven

My eyes widened slightly and I felt my heart stop for a moment. He... He what...?
Swallowing the the uncomfortable lump in my throat, I replied, "Th-...That's great Kakashi! Who is it?"

All I received was a him in response.

My heart... Wow... haven't felt this upset since that night I left.
Kakashi already has a woman in mind. Knowing him, it's probably a beautiful girl with unimaginable strength.

"What about you?" He questioned. "Who's the lucky guy?"

I sighed. "That's not important. He's... Out of my league, I guess you could say..."
It wasn't a lie; he really was. I was stupid for thinking he would think of me in a romantic way. Then again, I also thought there was no way that he would ever see me as anything besides a nuisance, yet here I am. So maybe there is still a chance?

"You never know," Kakashi spoke absent-mindedly. "I mean for years, I thought you were dead. Until you showed up back in the village. Anything is possible Seiko."

I looked at his face and noticed he seemed to be deep in thought. About what? I have no idea. It's impossible to ever tell what that man is thinking.

"I guess you're right..."

Though I really doubt I'll be able to ever win him over.