Chapter Nine

I smiled but rubbed my temples.
So tired...
Kakashi shook his head and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You need rest..." He stated. "Do you have a place to stay?"

"I think my old house is still available..."

He paused while staring at me. It looked like he wanted to say something, but decided not to.
"Alright, go get some rest. We can catch up later."

I was slightly shocked. Kakashi wants to spend time with me? Me? The loser of the leaf?
Maybe he just wants to fill in for Minato now that he's... Gone...

"Yeah... I'll see you later Kakashi..."

The next morning, after I had slept for ten hours, I got dressed into a pair of "shorts" (pants that I had cut since they no longer fit me) and a black t-shirt.
There was no food at my house, so I scavenged around for some money and headed out for Ichiraku Ramen Bar.

Miso soup, here I come!

On my way there, I saw many strange looks being directed at me. A few people stopped to ask what had happened to me. Of course, I explained that I had merely left to train on my own, which they congratulated me on. They were much nicer to me now than they were before I left, but that didn't bother me too much.

"Ah, Seiko."

"Kakashi," I blinked. "What are you doing here?"

"I uh... Didn't feel like making breakfast..." He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

I laughed, remembering when Kakashi was a complete stick in the mud. He was right, a lot has changed...