Chapter Seven

"Pronounced... Dead...?" I muttered, staring at Lord Hokage shocked. "Wait... I don't..."

"The village spent days searching for you." He began gravely. "Everyone was assuming the worst; you had been captured. So ANBU were deployed. When they never found anything, you were pronounced dead."

I stood there, stunned but refusing to show it.
My dark green eyes were clouded over with something I haven't felt since I left four years ago... I was really happy. Guilty, but happy. They actually noticed me!

Lord Hokage sighed, breaking me from my train of thought.
"However, the village will be glad to know that you are indeed alive. And I'm sure that you would like to rest, but there is someone that I believe would love to see you. He should actually be at the graves right now. Why don't you head over there?"

My plan was to come check in with the Hokage before going home and sleeping. I was really curious about who was at the graves though...

"Yes, Lord Hokage." I bowed respectively, then jumped out of a nearby window. Guess I'm going on an adventure.

Just a few minutes later, I reached the graves. It was completely empty save for one lone figure staring down at a grave.
My eyes widened visibly and my breath got caught in my lungs.

"K-...Kakashi?"