𝐢𝐢𝐢: 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁 :𝟑

Start from the beginning

˚·꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷·˚

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

"The Golden Guard?" Luz took one of the posters to get a good look.

"Did you know him in the Coven, Lilith?" The human teen asked the blue-haired witch.

Lilith scowled at the image that replaced her as she took the poster from Luz. "Unfortunately, I did. He always got special treatment because he was the genius teen prodigy," Lilith crumpled the poster into a ball. "But he's really just a brat."

Lilith then added. "The only other person who has power over him is the crown princess."

"Well, that makes sense," Luz commented, walking to Eda and King.

Lilith took out her scroll to check for a reply from Annika but saw that her previous message was left unanswered. The last time Lilith saw Annika was when she packed her belongings before she departed the castle. The young witch was heartbroken when she delivered the news that she was leaving the castle for betraying the Emperor's coven and that Annika couldn't visit her, even in secrecy.

What surprised Lilith most about Annika's reaction was that she didn't care that the older woman betrayed the Emperor's coven. When she confronted her about it, Annika told her without fear or hesitation, "Emperor Belos can go fuck himself for all I care. I don't give a shit about his cult, and I hold no loyalty to someone like him."

The only response Lilith could give was: "Language."

The pale witch was worried about Annika and wanted to know how she was at all times; however, she didn't want to risk the girl's safety. But it wasn't like Lilith knew about what was truly going on with Annika and her relationship with Emperor Belos since every time the older witch tried to ask or get something out of the brunette, the young witch would always avoid the subject, which broke Lilith's heart every time.

Plus, there were times when Annika would go out of the castle for short trips to no one knew where, and after the girl returned from those unspecified short trips, she would look more tired, as if she hadn't slept for days.

The blue-haired witch would ask the brunette about her lack of sleep and well-being, but the girl would shake it off and act like she was fine when they both knew she wasn't. It pained Lilith to know that Annika was hurting but couldn't open up about what was bothering her, and she had no idea how to help the poor girl without making her feel more obliged to share with her.

Sometimes Lilith thought she was going insane by worrying too much about the young witch, but she couldn't help but feel that something terrible was happening to Annika whenever she was alone with her thoughts.

Furthermore, Lilith began hexing the girl with one or two messages asking her if she was okay so that the older witch would at least know that she was alive. She would always be filled with more anxiety when Annika wouldn't answer her hexes.

......

Chilly.Lily
Hey Anni, how are you?
ᵘⁿʳᵉᵃᵈ

......

The blue-haired witch furrowed her brows as she tightly squeezed the crumpled poster.

"You okay, Lilith?" Luz asked, which pulled the older witch out of her racing thoughts.

Lilith sighed as she put her scroll away. "I'm fine."

The older witch threw the crumpled poster into a nearby trash can, but it uncrumpled itself and flew back to land on her face. Lilith groaned in frustration.