Chapter 12 | Snooping

*Author's Note: It's already December WTF. Sorry for zero updates for like two months lmao, was busy with uni apps 😭, they're all done so I'll be updating more often. PLZ give me IDEAS LOL. How to make (y/n)'s mafia uncles suffer more😈 Also I keep forgetting how old (y/n) is so plz ignore*

"Ran, where's your laptop?" Kokonoi asked, not looking up from his excel spreadsheet.
"Oh, (y/n) asked me to let her borrow it for the day."

Kokonoi made a face, "You could've just bought her a MacBook or something."

"But I didn't want to bring it anyways, because you'd make me do work on it," Ran shrugged and gave his signature lazy smile.

Sanzu stormed into the room, scratching the back of his head. "Hey fucker, buckle up you have a client."

Ran looked at Kokonoi who looked back at him with lifeless eyes.

"I'm talking to you Haitani." Sanzu sneered.

"Oh," Ran made a circle with his mouth.

"11:45 Client from our regular Arms Corporation customer. Yokohama port." Kokonoi spoke like a robot while tapping at his computer, "Rindou's already headed there."

"Then it's my time to be stylishly late again~"

"Don't,"  Sanzu spoke and pointed his finger at Ran, "this one is important."

"Fine fine." Ran sighed. He grabbed his suit jacket from the chair and swung it over his shoulder. "Time to work~," he hummed and exited the room.

A moment of silence passed while Sanzu melted into the sofa.

"You know what Sanzu," Kokonoi stopped typing and gave a devious smirk.

"What." Sanzu began rummaging through his pockets for some spare weed, only half-listening to Koknoi. His pink hair and little curls bounced with his rigid, impulsive movements.

"(Y/n) requested to use Ran's computer."

"And?"

"Don't you wanna see what she's doing with it?"

Sanzu stopped squirming, intrigued. "Can you?"

Kokonoi's smile widened. "I can't control the screen but I can certainly see what she's up to."

Sanzu rolled his head to look at Kokonoi, "Seems fun."

Kokonoi chuckled and proceeded to hack into Ran's computer.

While Kokonoi was tapping away at the keyboard, Sanzu crossed his arms and made a face. "By the way... if you can hack into Ran's computer... then enemies from the outside probably can as well."

Kokonoi nodded, unstopping with his fingers, "The thing is..." tap tap tap tap tap "I gave Ran this laptop with this function built in so I can monitor him secretly," tap tap tap "but apart from typing up the documents requested, he doesn't make any digital transactions. The information on it is practically useless."

An affirming hum escaped Sanzu's throat.

"If Ran doesn't have the computer he can't type the documents, so it gives him an excuse not to work," Kokonoi spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Which is also why he was ok with giving it to (y/n)." Sanzu scratched his head, "Clever bastard."

This time Kokonoi emitted a agreeing humph.

"Wait," Sanzu stopped, "Does that mean you can access all of our laptops?"

Kokonoi looked at Sanzu deadpan, "I didn't think you'd have such masochistic fantasies."