Chapter 2 | Mikey

マイキー

―Setting except the background is Tokyo―

Poor (y/n). She was starving and alone. She sank into the cushions of the sofa that cost more than an entire apartment in Japan and was shipped directly from Italy.

"Dadaaaaa" the sound bubbled from her toothless mouth.

Nothing. Silence.

(y/n) started to cry. She cried for a solid five minutes before Mikey walked into the room holding a plate full of taiyaki and a cup of warm milk. He scowled.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" (y/n)'s crying was louder and it rang in his ears like a siren. She reached out her hands towards him making small grabby signs.

He just looked at (y/n) and put the cup and taiyaki on the table.

"(Y/n)..." he mumbled to himself. Then he scooped her up and propped her onto his lap. He breathed against her curly baby hairs, slowly inhaling the gentle smell of expensive baby powder. It was kinda creepy, but the affectionate action was enough to make (y/n)'s stop crying.

(y/n) tried to slap him in the face. Mikey dodged the blow and placed a finger against her mouth. Frustrated  (y/n) yelled, "Ba!" and chomped on his finger biting it with all the toothless gums and jaw power that she possessed.

Then she started to cry. Again.  (y/n) was screaming, crying kicking, and bawling her eyes out. Mikey's eyes rolled into the back of his head.

"Boss!!" Sanzu came rushing in.

Mikey was shaking (y/n) on his lap but (y/n) continued to be dramatic.

"Sanzu DO something," Mikey hissed.

"What?!"

"Hurry."

Sanzu lifted (y/n) up and she screamed even louder.

"What's the point of making her cry more ?!" Mikey yelled.

"Why is she even crying in the first place?!" Sanzu yelled back.

"Are you saying that it's my fault?" Mikey's tone was deadly.

"Yes- I MEAN FUCK NO!" Sanzu shook her back and forth. Stoppp cryinggg he said to her with wide desperate eyes. He shook (y/n) so hard that she started to cry even harder.  (y/n) screeched like a dying crow. Meanwhile (y/n) was secretly enjoying the panic that she was causing the two unfamiliar men before her.

"Sanzu... how do you want to die?"

"Boss!! This is the first time I've touched a baby" Sanzu felt like he was going to cry. Then a lightbulb popped above his head. "Maybe she's hungry!" He sprinted towards the table before stuffing a taiyaki in  (y/n)'s mouth.

(Y/n) took a huge bite and stopped crying. However, she could not chew the firm dough of the taiyaki. She engulfed the head of the taiyaki's 'fish' shape and sucked on it like a pacifier.

Mikey's soul left his body.

Sanzu wrapped his hand around (y/n)'s shoulder and adjusted her in his arms.

"See boss I was right."

Mikey watched (y/n) eat the taiyaki in awe. Still angry,  (y/n) glared at Mikey and nuzzled her head into Sanzu's chest.

"Maikee ba!" she pouted.

Mikey snatched (y/n) from Sanzu. "Go get me another set of taiyaki..." he mumbled.

Sanzu was used to Mikey's sudden and petty requests. "Right boss," he said cracking his neck and rolling his eyes. The softness of (y/n)'s arms and legs lingered in his muscular arms.

(y/n) screamed, reaching out towards Sanzu, kicking at Mikey. Sanzu looked at her with immense irritation - not (y/n) completing ignoring the menacing jealousy that reeked off Mikey who was holding her.

Sanzu continued to walk away looking at  (y/n) with annoyance as he exited the doorway.

"(Y/n)..." Mikey mumbles stroking her head.

"I'm sorry..." he spoke, "so don't hate me... yeah?"

(y/n) looked at Mikey and his panda eye bags. Then she touched his cheek, "Mikey~~~"  (y/n) slurred.

"Baaaaka," she rounded her little fist against her mouth and giggled.

Mikey felt a small smile tug at the corners of his mouth. Although the light never reached his lifeless eyes, it was a foreign, genuine emotion that stirred within him. "Where did you learn that hmm?"

Still holding  (y/n), Mikey sat down on the sofa and turned on the giant monitor screen. There were multiple videos playing on the screen at once.

One was an interrogation room where a man was being absolutely pulverized by uncle Rindou. Another was a meeting room where Ran (aka dad) was negotiating with the members of another gang.

"Da!" (y/n) says pointing at Ran.

"You recognized Ran so quickly," Mikey spoke, stroking (y/n)'s head.

"Dada?"

"Ran."

"Dada."

"Ran."

(y/n) connected the dots. 'Ran' was Dad!

"Dada," (y/n) made a circular gesture with her hands, "Ran," she giggled.

"Smart girl," Mikey tapped her on the nose.

(y/n) looked back up at the screen. Kokonoi was in a meeting with the CEO and representatives of Toyota, a lazy smile plastered on his face as he presented the man with a black folder. The CEO flipped through the papers, a bead of sweat dripped down his nervous face. Kakucho stood behind Kokonoi. Is large figure was intimidating all of the members in the meeting room except Kokonoi.

The screen where Mochizuki was, was dark. A figure of him receiving a bolted metal suitcase could be vaguely seen in the darkness. Every single moment of Bonten's crimes was right here. Right with Mikey in his luxurious Shinjuku penthouse on the 50th floor of the most expensive apartment building in Tokyo.

"Mikeeee," (y/n) lifted her arms up.

Mikey picked her up and shook her sideways. When was the last time he saw an actual baby in the flesh? (y/n)'s (hair color) hair strongly resembled her mother's. Mikey missed her and her catchy laugh. (y/n)' mother had made him smile for the first time in years of being in Bonten. She was reckless, lovely, and endlessly young.

"You better turn our like your mama," Mikey said with sad eyes.

(y/n) tilted her head sideways.

Mikey and (y/n) continued to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the evening. When Sanzu returned with steaming hot taiyaki, (y/n) was fast asleep on Mikey's chest. Mikey was absently watching the monitor. He nodded at Sanzu and gave him several documents which he had looked through while holding (y/n).

Sanzu stopped to look at (y/n)'s adorable sleeping face.

"It's a shame that the Haitani brothers are going to take her away," Mikey sighed rubbing a finger against her soft cheek.

"There are a million jobs that you can assign them, Boss," Sanzu smiled.

"You're right..." Mikey smiled, "but for now, I'm gonna take a nap."