22- Cupid clearly hates me.

Start from the beginning

it looked like something out of a movie, the picnic, the forest, Damien, all of it. little did you know, 'Damien' was all an act. but that was the least of your worries right now. You were so entranced with everything but the man you were on a date with that you didn't hear him ask you something.

"(y/n)? I asked you if you wanted to dance," Damien said calmly.

"Oh- yeah! yeah, a dance would be nice," you took his hand and got up with his help.  "What song should we dance to?" You ask.

"I have just the thing, love," he walked off into a shaded corner where you couldn't see him.

'Damien' walked into a corner of the cave, his shadows providing a blanket of darkness to cover him while he practiced his craft.  A shadow displaying his true form was holding a gramophone with a cherished record of 'Damiens'.

'Perfect,'
He walked back over to you with vinyl in hand. "That's cool or whatever, but, how are you gonna play it?" you ask. He chuckles and snaps his fingers.

"Look behind you, love."

You turn to the side, and there it was. The very gramophone your mother used to listen to when she cleaned every day.

"Do you like it, darling?" You couldn't contain your excitement. You Lunged onto him, wrapping your arms around Damien's neck.

"I love it! I love it so much!" you squealed excitedly. You hadn't seen that thing since you were 16 and moved to New York. He patted your head and waited for your excitement to die down before telling you the song you guys were going to dance to.

*Play music here *

Bold: 'Damen,'
Regular: you
Unfamiliar voices: bold
Underline italics: both

"Alone~" his voice echoed through the cave when he sang. You recognized the song instantly.

"At the edge of the universe, humming a tune," you sang along to the familiar tune.

"For mearly dreaming, we were snow," there was an odd humming sound, you realized it wasn't coming from either of you.

"Hmmm~"

"A siren sounds, like the goddess who promises endless apologies of paradise.."

"And only she can make it right," you caught yourself swaying along with him, just enjoying the music.

"Oohhh~"

"So things are different, tonight!"

The music swelled, its passion swarming the two of you like a hoard of angry bees. The nostalgia this song brought you made something swell in your chest, pushing you to think you were dying again.

"we'll go together, in flight!"

The music bumped up and down in happy beats as you two turned and danced, moving in rhythmic circles along the cave's hard rocky surface, the sound of boots scuffing echoed through the cave while you danced. He lifted you a bit when you spun, then, he gently set you down, his hands sitting comfortably on your waist.

"It's now, and never, a reverie endeavour, Awaits somnambulant directives
To take the helm.." his smile turned Cheshire, and his eyes glowed red while he sang to you. "Believe me, darling, the stars were made for falling~"

"Like melting obelisks As tall as another realm~" you continued the bit for him, while he dipped you downwards, then sharply bringing you back up to bearly meet his eyes.

'Damien' picked you up, a firm hand resting on your thighs as a vortex of purple smoke clouded around you two, creating a beautiful yet, menacing atmosphere.