18 - Tropos

Frederick lands aggressively on the ground, face to face with Dolos, Echo, and Gate. He looks up at them from the ground.

"You will cower before me when I am finished."

Dolls pulls the Staff from his back, aiming it at Frederick.

"It's over, Frederick. We reforged the Staff."

"I appreciate the offer...but I don't need it.." Frederick fires a large beam of Dark Energy at Dolos, sending him through the wall behind them.

Gate and Echo pull out their guns, firing at Frederick. However, Frederick summoned a protective ward in front of him, the bullets turned to ash when touched.

Echo throws his gun to the side and rushes Frederick. Gate rushes behind him.

He slides across the ground, merely touching Frederick's legs and causing him to be frozen to the ground.

Gate comes from behind and leaps up, sending his barrage of flaming knives into Frederick. The knives stab him in various places, then explode.

As he lands, Gate throws a large bomb at Frederick, and Echo fires a stream of Stasis crystals at it, causing it to erupt and collapse the floor beneath them. They all fall down to the second floor of the Egregore Tower.

Dolls pushes the last rock off of himself. He grabs the Staff and attempts to stand, but a large and sharp piece of debree had penetrated his leg. He forcefully and quickly tears it out, and limps out of the hole in the wall.

He climbs back into the main chamber, looking down the hole in the floor. He sees Gate and Echo fighting Frederick. The fight was hard to watch, each side was taking massive hits.

It's time for Dolos to even the playing field.

He dives off the edge and into the hole. He fires the Staff multiple times at Frederick, then throws it down.

The Staff lands through Frederick's leg, and Gate clocks him the face.

Dolos summons his Light Spear and holds his high above his head, aiming for Frederick's back.

Frederick looks up at Dolos, and begins charging up a powerful attack, but both Gate and Dolos grab and hold him down, leaving his back vulnerable to Dolos.

Dolos looks down as he reaches Frederick, he thrusts the Spear down, but as it touches Frederick, a large shockwave occurs and the three of them are blast back. It causes the tower to begin to collapse fully.

They all recover quickly, and look towards Frederick. He had the Staff in his hand, but the Spear through his body.

"Drop it, you're already dead." Dolos states.

Echo helps up Gate, his hip had been torn to pieces.

"Already dead? Dolos...you're a foolish child. It's always been that way.." Frederick laughs and tears the Reforged Heart from the Staff's shaft, and thrusts it into his own heart, yelling out in quick pain.

He drops the Shaft, and falls to his knees. His entire body becomes surrounded by an aura of Darkness, and his body begins to deform into a larger form.

This causes the Egregorr Tower to tilt and collapse.

Dolos, Echo, and Gate all look at each other.

"Leave, get him away!" Dolos yells over.

Echo has no time to argue, and helps Gate out of the collapsing tower.

Dolos kicks his feet, breathing heavily. He then begins to run as Frederick grows larger and larger into a Dark Beast. Rocks and Egregore pieces fall all over them.