Chapter 13 Past

*Six years ago*

Chuuya tightened his jacket as a breeze blew through the alley. He had been hiding for two months now. At this point he was very good at moving unnoticed through a city but today he had a specific goal. A few days ago, when he was looking for a new place to sleep, he had discovered a leaflet. It was about a job in a bakery that also included a room in the baker's house. Chuuya was not a trained baker, but he loved to bake and learned quickly. He hoped that he would get the job anyway.

In addition, the baker was a woman and he hoped that she would feel sorry for a pregnant person and he also had to look for a good doctor.

Chuuya sighed. What else he had to do.

He had just reached the address where the said bakery should be located. With the leaflet in one hand and a large bag in the other, he looked around.

Chuuya stood in a narrow French-style side street. The house in front of him was painted yellow and green ivy tendrils grew up the wall of the house. The large shop window was full of delicious looking bread and above the door went an ornate metal sign.

He took a deep breath once, then opened the door to the bakery. A bell above the door announced him.

"I'll be there immediately!" he heard a voice shout, and shortly afterwards a brown-haired woman in white clothes entered the room.

Her hair reached just up to her shoulder and was tied together to form a ponytail. She had a sincere smile on her face and was almost two heads taller than Chuuya. Some flour got stuck on her right cheek as she grabbed her face with one hand. "Hello, what can I do for them?" "Hello, I'm here for the leaflet. I am interested in the job. But I have to admit that I have no experience in this area at all," he replied. "Ah, and I was already afraid that no one would respond to the ad. By the way, I'm Naruse Kaoru but please just call me Kaoru.", she put her hand out to him and Chuuya shock it. "I'm Nakahara Chuuya, but please just Chuuya."Chuuya found that the woman seemed nice and also her reaction to the fact that he was pregnant was much better than he had expected. "You know, my friend is a midwife. I saw what was going on the moment you came in here," she said with a laugh after seeing his surprised face. Then she looked at him seriously: "You still have the job and if you want I can ask Manizu if she can check you through.But may I ask where the Father is?" Her last question was carefully formulated. Apparently you could see on Chuuya that the father was not there. He hollowed deep air then he said, "He ran away! But that's not so bad."

As a result, Kaoru did not ask anymore. She asked him if he wanted to see his room and when he nodded she led him through a side door to the first floor. There was a large living room that connected to a dining room.

This in turn was connected to the kitchen. Behind it, on the right, there was a door behind which, according to Kaoru, was her and Mamizu's bedroom.

As Chuuya heard from the conversation with Kaoru, they had been together for almost four years and engaged for seven months. Then she pointed to a door on the left side of the hallway. "This is your room. You can set up first properly. It's already quite late. I will then slowly take care of the dinner. Mamizu should also come home at every moment. Is there anything you can't eat or don't particularly like?".

Chuuya said no, thanked her, and opened the door to his room. It was small but cozy. On one side was a bed and an old precious wood cupboard, on the other side a small desk. From the window you had a beautiful view of the alley and in front of the window were two green shutters.

Exhausted, Chuuya dropped his bag on the floor and sat down on the freshly made bed.

For the first time in a long time, he had a small feeling of security. He relaxed a little and let himself fall back.

As he lay there, his thoughts wandered until he arrived back at a place where he didn't want to be. He thought of Dazai. It had taken him some time to digest the fact that he had just left him alone, but the initial feeling of betrayal was anger.

Chuuya was angry with himself for not telling Dazai and angry with Dazai for leaving without saying goodbye.

Tired and exhausted from the last two months he had spent on the run, he fell asleep before dinner.

~~~

At this point I would like to thank my sister who came up with the names Mamizu and Kaoru. In addition, I always read my story to her and she encourages me, as well as your comments and likes, to continue writing. But sometimes I also annoy her because I always let her chapter end so exciting and then she runs after me all day and forces me to tell her how it goes on.

(Sorry, if you didn't care at all.😶)

Greetings Blue