Chapter 21 Found you!

TW: Panic attack. ( I have never had or described one, but I still hope that I succeed. )

~~~

After Dazai and Chuuya had this conversation last night, they had gone home because they had both become cold.

The next morning, after breakfast, they had gone to the Agency together with Daira to work. The other members were surprised every time Dazai came to work on time. Chuuya had forced him to go to work at times. Besides, they both needed the money to provide for their family.

That day, everything was normal: Dazai was lounging to his chair, Ranpo was eating snacks, Kunikida typed on his laptop, and Daira was playing hide and seek with Atsushi. Chuuya was just getting up from his desk to copy a stack of paper when his phone beeped. With one hand, he fished it out of his pocket and looked at the display.

The news came from an unknown number and his eyes widened as he read it.

I found you!

Was the message and before Chuuya fully understood what that meant, one message after another arrived from his phone.

Too bad I survived your attack, didn't I?

But now I have found you and get not only you and Daira but also Dazai!

Watch out! I'll come get you!

I'm right behind you!

With a loud crash, Chuuya's phone fell to the floor and everyone was startled by the sudden noise and looked over in surprise. However, when they saw Chuuya, they were all on alert and Dazai's first question was, "Hey Chu Chu, what's wrong?" He had gotten up from his chair and approached him from behind.

At Dazai's words, Chuuya flinched and turned around.

He was pale as chalk in the face and trembled all over. With a loud shout, the documents fell to the ground and tears ran down Chuuya's cheeks. "Chuuya? What happened?" asked Dazai in a serious voice and concern.

But Chuuya could not answer. The words he had just read were buzzing in his head and he hardly noticed that his breath stopped.

Mori had survived and found him. And he wanted not only him, but also his daughter and Dazai! He would find him! He found it harder and harder to breathe until he went to his knees and almost fell over, but two arms caught him.

What should he do now? Where was his daughter anyway? Hadn't she just played with Atsushi? His lungs were burning. Had Mori already caught her?

".. uuya? Chuuya? Can you hear me? Hey, you need to breathe! Ok, wait, breathe with me. In and out. In and out.". Chuuya tried to concentrate on the voice and also on his hand lying on the chest of the other who regularly rose and fell. The voice sounded familiar to him, but he could not organize it. His vision was blurred and the only thing he noticed was that the person must have brown hair. Dazai, it had to be Dazai.

It took Chuuya three minutes for his breathing to return to normal, but it felt like an eternity. Meanwhile, attracted by the commotion, Daira had come over from the next room and asked the others what was wrong with her mom. But no one could answer her because no one knew what had happened.

After Chuuya calmed down, he let Dazai lead him to the couch, then he cautiously asked, "What happened?"

Chuuya just looked at him, his voice shaking as he said, "My phone."

Dazai understood immediately and picked it up from the ground. The display had a crack, but that didn't bother him when he read the news. After he had done this, he passed the mobile phone to Kunikida without a word, who read the messages aloud. Everyone listens intently, except Dazai, who did not lightly stroke Chuuya's back with one hand to calm him down.

Chuuya stretched out his arms and hugged his daughter tightly, as if he never wanted to let go of her. A spanked silence hung in the room while everyone processed what they had just heard. The silence was broken only by soft sobs coming from Chuuya.

The news that he was in danger again, and this time even Dazai and Daira, had shocked him very much.

Of course, he was used to being on the run, but at some point you are just tired and don't want to have to live in fear anymore.

From the long crying he had fallen asleep on the sofa a short time later. His head came out of Dazai's lap and it stroked his hair soothingly. Daira sat on Dazai's other side, trying to understand the seriousness of the situation. Dazai and the others had been looking for a solution for a long time, but the only thing they had decided so far was that Chuuya and Daira could never travel unaccompanied. However, this was not necessarily the final solution. Everyone knew it couldn't go on forever, even with Chuuya's mental stability. They were afraid that he would experience too much stress, but they didn't know what to do.So the following day they decided to think further, since it was getting late, since Dazai Chuuya did not want to wake us up, he carried him in his arms to the car. Daira followed us dutifully and they drove home. Once there, Chuuya was still asleep, so Dazai also carried him to the apartment and to his bed.