« 𝑊ℎ𝑦 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒? »

𝑱𝒂𝒌𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 :

A new feeling indeed...

I've never felt this kind of pain in my heart, it was weird.

I was sitting in one of the coffee shops as I always do, waiting for Mi-yeon to finish work. It became a routine, and I was enjoying every minute of it. Mi-yeon meant alot for me, but now I'm questioning just how much she means...

Looking at the empty cup infront of me, I was lost in thoughts. Last Saturday I discovered something new in me. It felt weird and I hated it, but I guess I should face it at some point.

She looked so happy, her big smile and glittery eyes. I saw the way she was looking at him, it was filled with love and adoration. It seems that they're closer than I thought.

Why do I feel annoyed about it? She has all the right to fall in love...

"Excuse me sir, this is the bill." A waiter came up to me. I forget I asked for the bill, what's wrong with me?

"Yes thank you.." I said as I took a look at it. I gave him the money and stood up to leave, Mi-yeon should be finished by now..

𑁍𑁍𑁍

The elevator door opened with a little "ding" sound. I walked out heading to Mi-yeon's office. It feels weird to do this today, as if I couldn't face her normally.
I hate this...

As I sat on a near office bench, I saw a familiar face arriving. It was Heeseung, giving me an annoyed expression when he noticed my presence. "Oh..hello there Jake, nice surprise." He said calmly, leaning on the wall.

I faked a smile, "Hello Heeseung." He looked at me for a few seconds before asking, "You came for Mi-yeon?"

I nodded, checking the time. "And I suppose you're doing the same thing?" I asked calmly. "Yes.." he responded, staring at the window infront of him. He seems serious about gaining her love...is he trustworthy though?

"I....have a serious question. I hope you answer honestly." Heeseung said out of the blue. I nodded, wondering what could it be. He paused for a few seconds, collecting his thoughts, before finally speaking. "Do you...have feelings for Mi-yeon? More than a friend I mean.."

I was surprised by his question. I didn't expect him to ask me that, so I hesitated to answer. After all, I don't know what's the cause of that strange feeling I've been getting these days. I decided to give him the answer that my mind wants to believe.

"No, I don't. She's just my friend. More like a sister actually.."

He sighed quietly. "Alright...thank you for answering." He said giving me a small smile. I felt guilty for lying, but I myself didn't know the truth anymore.

"....what about you? Do you love her?" I spoke out loud, instantly regretting my question. I was thinking out loud, such an embarrassment..

He looked at me for a few seconds, trying to process the question. He seemed shocked that I actually asked him. "Yes...yes I do." He answered me, rather quietly. There was a hint of pink on his cheeks as he talked. I replied with a nodd and a quiet hum.

After a few minutes, Mi-yeon got out of her office, carrying her bag with her phone in the other hand.

"Oh! Hello guys-" she said surprised to see us both waiting for her. "Hello Mi-yeonie!" I replied happily, standing from my seat. Heeseung gave her a warm smile.

"Excuse me Mi-yeon, but can I take a minute of your time? On private please.." he asked her smiling. She nodded. "Excuse me Jake, I'll be back in a bit." she smiled at me before leaving.

The uneasy feeling in my chest grew bigger, I was getting tired of it. I sat alone, lost in thoughts again. After a few minutes, I felt small fingers gently tapping my shoulder.

"Jakey? We can go now!" Mi-yeon spoke with a smile. I nodded and started walking with her, asking each other about our day as we always do.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

After a week of the same dilemma, I decided to accept the fact that I've fell in love with my best friend. I don't know when, but I found my jealousy growing whenever I saw them together.

New year's celebration was near, a week to be exact. My company in Australia gave us another week after new year's eve, so in total I still have two more weeks to stay in Korea.

It became hard to spend time with Mi-yeon without feeling guilty, I feel that I'm breaking the beautiful friendship we have. She thinks of me as a brother, and here I am wishing that she knew my feelings for her.

I guess seeing another guy interested in her lit up the flame of love in my heart. I always thought of her as a sister, but the idea of her loving someone else hurts me now...

I think I'm being selfish and want all her love for me, even though we are best friends, but that's not possible. I can't destroy what we built for years all for a simple crush. Especially that now I know someone is interested in her and trying to gain her affection, I shouldn't cross the line and keep my feelings to myself.

She also seems in love, knowing that she doesn't trust just anyone, so this must really mean something important to her. From what I've seen multiple times, they have great chemistry, and I won't get in the way.

It's best for us both at the end...

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞! | (• ◡•)|
𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 ~♥︎

𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐎𝐕 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫~ 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝!

𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐩 (•̀ᴗ•́)و

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲/𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭~ ☆★ (●'◡'●)ノ

_𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑤𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦𝑀𝑜𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑖𝑠_