« 𝑁𝑒𝑤𝑏𝑖𝑒 »

After settling down, I started to work on the papers I was given by the manager.
"I better start off strong!" I encouraged myself and began working.

𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 4 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜_____

"Woah...this is exhausting..." I sighed and looked at the remaining papers I have to do, "Well, he didn't say they'll be easy... guess work here ain't gonna be like I imagined.... what did I imagine anyway? It's real life Mi-yeon!", I whispered to myself.

I decided to go out and bring some coffee to help with the upcoming headache, and yes, I get headaches easily.

I went down to the cafeteria, which was so big I'd get lost in it. I was waiting in line when a smiling lady introduced herself to me. "Hi! You must be the newbie? Welcome to the company! I'm Kang Sunhee, nice to meet you!"
Her smile was so bright and she seemed like a nice person. "Yes it's me, I'm Kim Mi-yeon. Nice to meet you too" I said smiling.

"You're so beautiful girl tell me your secrets!" Sunhee complimented me. I smiled shyly, "You're too kind, and your beauty isn't any less". Sunhee giggled and said: "Well, everyone is talking about you!"
"Me? Why so?" I asked a bit confused. "Because not a lot of people score high in the company's entry test! You must be very hardworking! I'm glad you got accepted Mi-yeon, I feel that we'll be very good friends" she smiled happily. "I feel the same too" I said giggling.

"Next please!", the barista said. "Oh! It's your turn Mi-yeon!", said Sunhee. "Oh yeah, do you recommend anything for a chocolate lover?" I giggled asking my new friend.
"Hmm..yes! Try the 'Dark chocolate coconut iced coffee'! It's soo good" she said excited.
"Alright! One 'Dark chocolate coconut iced coffee' please." I said looking at the barista.
"Sure! It'll be done in a few minutes ma'am" the lady smiled. "How much will it be?" I asked, "It'll be 4291.26 KRW please." ( 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 3$ 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 :) )

"Okay here you go! Thank you", I gave the barista the money and went walking with Sunhee who was practically dragging me enthusiastically to a near table.
"Alright my new best friend, we shall know each other more!", she smiled happily at me. "Sure! I'll go first." I said happily.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛_____

"Woah! You really beat the odds! I'm proud that you proved to your parents that you can succeed in what you like." Sunhee said proudly. I giggled, "I guess I did...they feel proud of me now, even though I didn't become a doctor as they wished for me."
"Well you're amazing at what you do now! And that matters the most dear Mi-yeon~", she said pinching my cheeks slightly.

She's really sweet and helpful, already told me most of the things I needed since I'm new here. She even listened to my story and I listened to her's, a lady older than me in 3 years and been working here since the company started last year. She also gave me the latest gossip about who crushes on who and what's her manager's favourite drink, such a cutie haha.

"Dear Mi-yeon! I'm going to tell you the biggest gossip about the boss here!!", she said enthusiastically. "Oh?" I asked. She nodded at my confused expression, "Mhm! Even the boss has some good rumours! I believe that this one isn't a rumour though...it's been proved to be a fact." A fact? What could it be?

"Well, it's said that our boss has many relationships with women because he's so attractive and few can resist his charms! Many people saw him attracting women's attention at celebrations, charity parties, interviews and many moree! He's everyone's favourite, and to be honest..he really IS handsome~" said Sunhee giggling.

"Oh wow.. no wonder he has many relationships..", I said thinking about it, "but doesn't that annoy the other women that are in a relationship with him?" Sunhee said laughing at my innocence, "No no, they know he has way more than them. He just calls them when he needs them , if you know what I mean..", "Oh! So it's not real love? Just benefits?"

"Mhm, I guess busy rich business people can't have stable relationships without problems, so that's their way.." explained Sunhee, "but hey! It's not our concern! We'll fall in love one day with a prince from wonderland~", I laughed at her words. "A prince from wonderland? You're so funny unnie!" We laughed together.
"Oh! Thank you alot for the drink recommendation Sunhee unnie! It's so delicious" I said smiling. She smiled back, "no problem Mi-yeon! Glad you liked it~"
We enjoyed our break a bit more before exchanging our numbers and heading back to work.

𑁍𑁍𑁍