37.

"Really Joey? Wake up!" I felt myself being shaken and I opened my eyes seeing my boyfriends concerned face.

I Sat up in alarm and looked around his bedroom. "When did I fall asleep?"

"As soon as I carried you up here." He deadpanned looking annoyed with me. "It's been three hours. You totally ruined my entire plans for us." He said softly brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "But then I remembered how hectic our day was, we've been on a jet and we withheld a fight with you mom...you must be exhausted." He reached over my body to the nightstand. His sexy, naked back was on full display for me to drool over him. River Dallas was the perfect guy.

He sat a plate in front of me. I looked at the food and raised an eyebrow.

"You made...uh?"

"Just eat it." He ordered blushing profusely. I didn't know what the hell it was but it didn't look disgusting. It looked edible. In a way. But trying not to seem like a brat or hurt my boyfriend's feelings, I dug in.

"What is this?" I asked taking another bite.

"Its lasagna. The physical appearance is horrible but I seasoned everything right...Right?"

"Looks don't matter." I teased kissing him in the lips.

"Are you calling me ugly?" he asked feigning hurt.

I shook my head biting my lip, "Not you...just your ugly ass lasagna." He wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me into him.

"At least I cooked, Miss Perfection."

"Even miss perfection has her off days." I said smiling into his eyes.

"Oh yeah,"

"Yeah." I said simply.  I actually ate the entire plate of nasty looking lasagna in contentment. It was delicious.

"So have you thought about what you wanna wear?"

"Wear?"

"Prom." He said blushing.

"I actually forgot." I admitted.

"Well lucky for you. I didn't." He pulled out two blue tickets. He lifted my hand up and clasped a silver bracelet onto it. There were five charms, a little square box, a wine bottle, a princess crown, a dolphin and a...

"Whats this?" I asked pointing to the last charm.

"Its a river." He said simply. "The box, it's really a matchbox."

"Cigarettes." I finished laughing. "You've quit finally." I congratulated with a smile.

"And the wine bottle for the first time you got drunk."

"When you completely took advantage of my towel, then shattered my heart."

"Actually the wine bottle symbolizes a lot.' He cut me off laughing.

"A princess crown?"

"You. You're my princess to rescue and save and marry and spoil rotten." I felt the butterflies erupt at that moment. I knew I was blushing and the seriousness in his voice and eyes made me melt. He was serious about me.

"The dolphin?" I whispered hoarsely.

"When you almost got your ass kicked by the grandma for molesting me in public." I rolled my eyes at him but he continued.

"No. But really. You were really scared to swim with them but you did it anyway just so I could have a good time and I really loved that. I don't know I can't explain it. You just trusted me. I guess. You knew that I wouldn't you get hurt and you just finally let yourself fall and have fun."

"And now they're my favorite animal." I concluded.

"I'll add more when we do more you know? Always five at a time."

"And what does 5 represent."

"The day I asked you to be my girlfriend and the number of beats my heart skipped when you said yes."

He was so smooth. I taught him well. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought his lips to mine.

"Thank you."

"So now you're totally obligated to be my prom date?"

"And if I say no?"

"You won't." He replied with confidence oozing off of him.

"Oh yeah."

"Oh yeah." He joked smiling and nodding his head.

"Nope. I think I'll take Luke." I didn't even get two seconds before he as hovering over me with my arms pinned over my head.

"That just won't do." He whispered against my skin.

"Why not?" I whispered breathlessly.

"Because you're mine. Not his. Not anyone else's."

"Oh yeah?" I argued. He nodded.

"Prove it." He smiled with determination in his eyes.

"Okay?" He asked with permission.

"Okay." I said picking my lips as I let him mark me as his over and over again.