26.

I felt horrible. I blinked about a hundred times before I even opened my eyes. I groaned. I looked around and turned to my side to see I had an IV sticking out of my arm. I started to panic. What happened? I looked at the sleeping faces around the room. My dad, Charlie, Carter, Leslie, Caroline, River. I gasped as the images began floating back. The door opened and in walked my sister with a tear stained face and a coffee cup.m 

"Joe." she called looking relieved. "I'm so happy"-

"Get away from me." I growled. 

"Joe. You need to listen to me." I ignored her protests and reached for the wires holding me to the bedside. 

"Mom and dad called him." I froze. 

"Called who?" I whispered.

"The director of Havenwyk. When you're released from here, you'll be sent there." 

"No." I shook my head. "It wasn't even my fault. He hit me."

"Joe, he said you ran a red light. Father Hiede saw you. He said he was right along side you."

"No. It turned green." I rambled. 

"Joe." I turned to see River and bit my lip,

"I can't go back River." I said feeling tears brim my eyes.

"You don't have a choice." Chloe snapped angrily. "You had been drinking...you should not have even been driving. I told you that upstairs after I saw what you tried to do to River." 

He frowned in confusion. "No." I shook my head. "I saw you Chloe. You didn't have on a shirt. You had on a bright pink bra. The same one your probably wearing now." 

She pulled her shirt down a little. "Black." she shook her head. She turned to River. "I told you."

"I'm not crazy. I know what happened."

"There was traces of ecstacy in your system." I shook my head. 

"No. I don't believe you." I said trying to get away. 

"Joey," River said looking at me. "You won't go there. I told you that." 

"Yes she is!" Chloe said shrieked. My father and the rest of the people in the room shook awake upon hearing her. 

"Thank god daddy!" Chloe rushed to his side. "She's trying to leave so she doesn't have to go back."

"Dad. I didn't run a red light please. I was just trying to get away from him." 

"Joe enough. I had vouched for you and you repay me by this, you need help." 

"She stopped taking her medicine over 30 days ago." Chloe said whispering into his side. 

"Who were you trying to get away from Joey?" I turned to River who was now kneeling by my side. 

"Father Hiede." I whispered feeling the memories of torture and abuse flood back to me. "Please don't make me go back." I sobbed. 

"Joe this is final!" I heard the door open and the scent in the room made my body feel sick. His cologne. 

"No." River said as he stood infront of his body. 

"Step aside boy. This girl needs the touch of the lord." 

"Oh so that's what you call what you did to her?"

"River what are you doing?" He ignored Caroline as he stood between me and Father Hiede defensively. 

"He raped her." he growled out. He told. I gasped as the room went silent. The only thing you coud hear were my sobs and River's deep breaths to calm himself.

"Jolie?" my father spoke. 

I felt the walls closing in. He was here. They knew. My breaths were cut short. I heard the monitor on the side of me dinging rapidly as I saw him take a step closer. I felt myselt falling into a dark pit. 

River Dallas 

I sat in the waiting room boiling. Her mother still didn't believe her. She sat in the chair across from me shaking her head mumbling with Chloe about how good of an actress she is. She was in a car accident... she could have died and it was all Chloe's fault. We would be graduating next month and after that Jolie would be 18 and we could go off to school and be togeter. I could make her happy. I just continued to tell myself that she'd be okay. She wouldn't hate me for telling them what happened to her. She said they wouldn't believe her. 

That sick bastard even fled soon after I exposed him. Claiming he had to go back to Havenwyk...more like cover his track. I stood upright. 

"Mr.Mitchell." I called to her father who hadn't spoken since Joe passed out. 

I nodded off toward the hall when he looked up at me. "Have someone go check out the basement of Havenwyk. Joe told me in detail what they did to her, cigarette burns, rape...basement punishment. Theres four beds in the basement nailed to the ground around the poles...they tied her against one for weeks and she was abused by anyone they let down there. Please tell me you believe her." 

"One thing my daughter isn't, is a liar. If she says something happened to her... I believe it. I have a detective friend downtown." he whipped his phone out and made a call. 

 She wouldn't have to worry anymore.