You better, Kakashi?

~°•●•°~

Obito sighed loudly as he jumped inbetween the trees on his way to complete today's mission. Kakashi was with him, of course. They barely did any missions on their own and this one was not exceptional, even thought it was nothing special and didn't even require the presence of two jounins. Their task was just to transport a bunch of things to the nearest village. Obito assumed that the Hokage gave it to them because there wasn't anybody else available, otherwise it would have been stupid of him. The Uchiha was lightly holding the straps of the bag on his shoulders in case it decides to slip off and was casually flying through the thick forest, ready to be done with this. Suddenly, he felt Kakashi's chakra was nowhere near him. Obito turned his head around for the first time in a while, only to reasure himself of his husband's absence.

- Kakashi?

The raven haired spinned, panic building within his body. Finally, he spotted him. Kakashi was standing on the ground not so far away behind the Uchiha. Why did he stop there? Obito quickly started jumping back to the opposite direction, the concern still crawling into him. When he reached Kakashi, he realised the cause of his partner's sudden pause.

- You alright, love?

The grey haired looked exhausted. His heavy breaths weren't something the Uchiha was used to seeing this quickly after starting a mission. His hands were slightly shaking as well. Obito made him sit down, scared that his husband is about to collapse in the middle of nowhere.

- I'm fine, Obito.

- Bullshit is what I hear.

The Uchiha pressed the back of his hand on Kakashi's forehead, then slipped it down to his cheek. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Then what was it? Obito was staring clueless at the boy in front of him with wide eyes and fear.

- You should go back home.

- N-no, we still have-

- Kakashi.

The grey haired sighed. He hated leaving an unfinished mission. He was sure that it was nothing, he would be fine in a couple of minutes. Kakashi tried to stand up, but his legs refused to move. Obito's panic spread even further. Kakashi was everything for him, seeing him this powerless was tearing his heart apart.

- I told you to stop overworking yourself, Kakashi...

Kakashi closed his eyes and leaned his back against the nearest tree. He needed to calm down and return his breathing back to normal. He was Kakashi Hatake, he wasn't allowed to appear weak, even in the eyes of his beloved husband. He knew perfectly fine that Obito wasn't someone for whom he had to keep a facade on, but the unwritten rule that he placed on himself was stopping him from letting his weaknesses be shown.
After some time he managed to collect himself and stood up. Obito was ready to support him if something happened again, his hand was waiting on his partner's slender shoulder.

- I can't leave you to finish the mission yourself, I'm staying.

- Oh my god, Kakashi, It's just a fucking delivery! Go get some rest, please.

Obito could see the disappointment in Kakashi's eyes, but he wasn't letting him stay no matter what. This boy needed sleep. He needed to get his body and mind at peace at least for a little.

- I have practice with my students after this, I can't-

- I'll tell your students, don't worry. Just go home.

Kakashi sighed. He didn't have other choice. Obito leaned forward and kissed his husband on the cheek.

- I'll be back home soon, love. Be safe.