29. A dark and dirty secret.

ابدأ من البداية

I made a couple unsuccessful attempts to contact Marcello but it appeared that his phone was off. I was also quite bored and worn out, so I watched a movie and dozed off, only to awaken a few hours later.

I glanced at the clock to see the time was 11:32pm and so I checked my phone once again to see that Marcello hadn't bothered to contact me or even stay the night with me. Usually he'd be here by 10:30 in the night. Perhaps he was just running late?

I actually wondered if he was scared of facing me after really wanting to speak with him or maybe......

No! Marcello would never. That's impossible.

I pondered Marcello's whereabouts as I laid on my side of the bed and stared at his side where he'd usually sleep next to me. He never picks up the phone when I call, which is unheard of. He's never turned off his phone before.

What if something awful had happened to Marcello, I exclaimed as I sat up in bed. The only other number I had, which I knew would likely connect me to Marcello and let me know where he may be, was the next one I dialed.

"Hello? Dillon?" Since Dillon and Marcello were always together and he was one of his most trusted friends, it was likely that he knew where Marcello might be.

"Princess?" Due to the music being so loud behind Dillion, I could hardly hear him. However, as our conversation progressed, the music gradually became quieter, letting me know that he had moved to a more secluded area.

"Marcello's phone seems to be off, and I've been trying to reach him all night. Is he with you right now? Then again, do you know where he might be in reality?" I enquired optimistic.

"At this moment, Marcello is attending to a pressing matter. He's good, Amia, and I'm sure he'll get in touch with you in the morning. There is nothing to worry about." Dillon made an effort to reassure me.

"O-oh, okay, but is he with you?"

"You just need to know he's okay,"

"What are you keeping from me, Dillion? I'm curious. What is his whereabouts? What kind of business gathering is this? I should be permitted to be informed of his location." I was his girlfriend for crying out loud.

"Amia, I must leave." After hearing his words I slapped the phone down on the bed after hanging up.

Marcello would always text me regardless of the situation whenever he was in a business meeting and I was available, and he would always ask me to text him.

I knew something was up.

After a few minutes of struggling to fall asleep without him at my side, a call from an unknown number unexpectedly came through. Even though the likelihood of Marcello phoning me from an unknown number was close to zero, I considered the possibility that it might be him.

"Hello?"

"Princess-"

"Enzo?" I frowned completely perturbed by him calling me. I could also hear loud music playing in the background.

"The one and only, how was your vacation? I heard you had a grand time there?" I scowled hearing his arrogant self.

How did he come to find this out?

"How did you- never mind, goodbye!" As I was about to hang up the phone his next words caught my attention.

"You know I wouldn't contact you unless it had something to do with Marcello. There is something that I think you need to see. I think it's very important." Enzo stated on the phone.

"I don't think so. How do I know your not just trying to kidnap me?" I fumed, after hearing what Stella had to say I needed to thread lightly when conversing with Enzo.

"Based on your reaction I can only assume you hadn't confronted your boyfriend about Elizabeth." He spoke before continuing.

"It's very unfortunate that you would rather blindly follow your boyfriend and are unwilling to challenge him due to repercussions. I'll be able to show that he's not in love with you and is only using you this time." Hearing his comments, I scoffed because it was obvious that he couldn't back them up.

His statements did, however, start to creep under my skin, and I found them unsettling. When I thought back to Marcello betraying me and Stella's exact words, my eyes widened. This is not possible, no.

"What precisely are you attempting, Enzo? Since I have entire faith in him, neither your words nor your fictitious proof will be able to convince me to abandon Marcello. Therefore, whatever your motivations, please drop them and leave me alone before I have to inform Marcello, as I'm sure you wouldn't want to oppose him!" I warned him off once more and prepared to end the call, but I was regrettably too slow since his next few remarks shocked me.

"Your boyfriend is in my club right now making out." Hearing his words I became instantly quiet.