(21) Storm King

( POV Robb Stark )

I stood across from the gathered Stormlords in the ruins of Summerhall, beside me was Gendry Baratheon, newly legitimised. He like myself was in full armour, though he wielded a war hammer. According to the Blackfish who stood on my other side he looked every bit the demon of the Trident.

I called this meeting of the Lords to try and gain their loyalties. These men fought beside my father in Roberts rebellion and was friends with many of them, few houses refused the call but the important ones where there. I saw Lord Connington, Lord Selmy, Lord Tarth, Lord Lonmouth as well as Lord Swann. These houses together could field a host of ten thousand.

When Renly first called his banners every Lord in the Stormlands answered. Renly was much like his brother in that aspect, loved by his bannermen, but he lacked Roberts eye for war. They say me and my brothers have the same eye for war, as we have never been beaten in the field, a better record than even Robert who was beaten once during his own rebellion.

"My Lords. Many of you knew my father, fought beside him." I said and I heard mumblings of agreement

"Aye your father was a good man, we knew him well, two wars we fought with him." The Bolds nephew, Lord Arstan Selmy said.

"My Father was Robert Baratheon's brother by choice, they grew up together, fought together and died just days apart, to the Lannisters." I said and I saw the angry looks on the Stormlords faces at the mention of the Lannister treachery

"When I came to seek an alliance with Renly Baratheon, a honourable King our peace talks ended poorly due to the interference of the Tyrell's. And as I left both me and Renly where attacked by a shadow baring Stannis' face, may he burn in the Blackwater." I continued and again I heard angry mutterings at the mention of the Tyrells and at Stannis.

"King Renly's loyal Queen ram straight to the Lannisters and half the Stormlords either didn't believe the story or didn't care and joined Stannis the Kinslayer." I said and I heard Lord Ronald Connington mutter 'Kinslaying Bastard'

"I come here today with Robert Baratheon's oldest son, Gendry Baratheon a legitimised bastard." I say as I gesture to Gendry and none of the Stormlords questioned it, he looked identical and it was no secret that Robert had many bastards.

"And I called you here to ask that you pledge to him, the last true Baratheon, and that you pledge to me, and march to Kings Landing by my side as many of you did with my father." I said to them.

Lord Gulian Swann was the first to act unsheathing his sword and kneeling, he named Gendry his Lord and me 'Storm King' Lord Selmy followed shortly after, then Lord Tarth. The other Lords followed the example. The minor houses that didn't attend would no doubt pledge to me as well after hearing the outcome of the meeting.

I came to this meeting with only six thousand men and I left with sixteen thousand, it was with these gathered men that I would march to Kings Landing, get my sister and take Joffrey's head.

—————————————————————————

( POV Thorin Stark )

After my brothers and I departed from Seagard I first sailed for the Iron Isles, where I collected my fleet, then I headed west for the second time since this war began, though this time I went by sea instead of land. I sailed with my full fleet carrying twenty five thousand men in total.
Our first target was Fair Island, is one of the two Westerland fleets, the other being located at Lannisport. The night before the battle I called my commanders to my ship to discuss the plans.

The first was my wife, who had been sailing and commanding men since she was fifteen, the next was Martyn Silverswan who lead the majority of the Riverland fleet in his fathers name as well as his own galley, the souring swan. Then was Rollo, a large Northern man who lead the Northern fleet, he was some distant nephew of Lord Manderly who's mother came from one of the mountain clans. Then was  Artos Arryn, an Arryn of Gulltown, who commanded the Gulltown fleet.

It was decided that Rollo would lead an attack in the night sailing in longboats under the shadow of darkness and burning as many ships as possible, then he would lead the the remaining ships directly into a trap and the ships would be surrounded on all sides, with large galley's blocking any escapes while they where picked off by cogs, longships as well as the many sea creatures I commanded. The plan went perfectly, and the battle ended with me boarding the flagship and separating the captains head from his shoulders.

After defeating the fleet and taking any survivors prisoner we sailed to Faircastle and accepted their surrender. From faircastle I was to sail to Kayce then onto Feastfires, I took Kayce by using a few of the stolen Faircastle boats and disguising my own soldiers as Lannisters, the opened the sea gate and i sailed right into the city, taking it from there was easy. After taking, Kayce the fleet sailed to Feastfires, the castle was small and surrendered as soon as they saw how many ships was in the fleet.

It was night now and I stood on deck gazing over the water, it was calm tonight and cold, though I didn't feel the sea chill under all the fur, I looked at the fleet, the combined navel might of all my brothers Kingdoms, near six hundred and fifty ships, the Stark banner flew high in the sky it went on for miles.

I looked east just a few miles and soon I would be able to see the towering castle that was Casterly Rock, I closed my eye and concentrated and when I opened my eye it wasn't just my own I looked through, it was hundreds, mice, birds, spiders. I spent hours standing on deck learning every secret Casterly Rock had hidden behind those stone walls.

—————————————————————————

{ Authors Notes }

Short chap but I'm tired

Robb is now the King of Winter, the Storm King, the King of the Trident, the King of the Isles and the King of the Mountains and the Vale.

Next chap we'll have Thorin taking Casterly Rock

The Storm Lords gather thier army

Jon arrives at the wall.