Chapter 3

A/N: Hi, I don't like this chapter and I feel like it's boring but here it is anyway. I hope to read your opinions in the comments. Xx -D

They went to the living room with grins on their face, Natasha pushing Kate's shoulder playfully

They went to the living room with grins on their face, Natasha pushing Kate's shoulder playfully. Tanya and Irina were seated on the couch facing the fireplace and Eleazar was in an armchair, Carmen sitting on his lap. The redhead smiled at them, going to sit next to Tanya on the couch. Kate looked at her with her eyebrows furrowed and motioned her head to the free sofa, wanting Natasha to come and sit next to her but the spy just smirked. Kate took a seat in the couch, alone, and pouted like a dejected child. Tanya rolled her eyes at the scene, a smile tugging at her lips. Carmen disappeared in a flash and came back with a mug and a plate filled with chocolate chip cookies. Natasha's eyes zoomed on the cookies and she tried to hide her excitement.

"There you go, dear." she said with a smile, placing the plate and mug on the coffee table.

"Thank you." the spy smiled back. Taking a sip of the hot chocolate, she moaned at the taste.

"Mm, this is delicious!" Carmen seemed extremely satisfied and sat back on Eleazar's lap.

Kate dropped a cushion she was moving at the sound the redhead made but quickly picked it back up, acting innocently. Irina hid her laugh with a cough.

"So, what are you doing for a living, Natasha?" asked Eleazar.

"Uh, I work with the Avengers." answered the redhead absently. She took a bite of a cookie, and had to force herself not to moan again at the sweet taste. She tried not to send crumbs on Tanya beside her. Having been successful with her mission she sent a smile at the strawberry blonde who was eying her critically. She took the mug from the table and looked at Eleazar, sending him a guilty smile because she wasn't very attentive but chocolate chip cookies were one of her weaknesses.

"What are those Avengers?" asked Carmen. "It doesn't ring a bell."

Natasha put down her mug, her eyebrows furrowed and she tilted her head slightly.

"You've never heard of the Avengers? The team with Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk?" asked Natasha. She looked at Kate, searching for a spark of recognition or something. She just seemed confused. "No? Tony Stark, genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist?" she added with a smile, remembering the conversation during which Stark described himself as such.

"I'm sorry. Those names are not familiar to me." Carmen looked curious.

Weird. That was really weird. Without wanting to be arrogant, they were really famous. Even more so since Natasha dropped all H.Y.D.R.A. and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets on the internet. The spy got up from the couch and started thinking, her brain on overdrive. She was missing something big.

"Are you alright?" Tanya asked, putting a hand on the spy's shoulder gently.

Natasha massaged her temples, searching for the missing piece of the puzzle. Suddenly having an idea, she put her plan on the road.

"I need a phone, a laptop and a bottle of vodka." She said. Before adding. "Please."

Carmen rushed in the kitchen and Kate got up from the couch, exchanging a look with her sisters before disappearing a second and reappearing with the requested items. She held them out silently but Natasha just stared at it, raising her eyebrows.

"Old school?" she asked.

"...what?" Tanya seemed to get more and more confused.

"This phone. Does it know how to call at least?" laughed the redhead.

"I brought it a few weeks ago, it's a Blackberry 7290." scoffed the coven leader before adding proudly. "It even has the Bluetooth."

Natasha paused, looked around her and began to notice some things. The furniture didn't seem old but it wasn't modern, even the vampire's outfits weren't really modern. Eyes back on the items in Kate's arm, she saw the outdated phone and laptop. She took a breath. The setting was the same as in the early 2000s.

"What's today's date?" she whispered.

"Um, January 13." answered Irina.

"...what year?"

This time, Tanya seemed to make a connection as well. "2005. January 13, 2005."

"Oh, my god." Natasha said in horror, then took a seat in the couch closest to her and put her head in her hands. Kate squatted down in front of her and touched the spy's knees.

"What is it? What's going on?" she asked, worried.

Natasha didn't answer, trying to remember every detail of her meeting with Dr. Strange. She got up, took the old items and set them on the couch. Opening the laptop on the couch and squatting down in front of it, she quickly opened a web page and began to search. She typed 'Iron Man', nothing. She tried 'Stark Industries', nothing at all. She tried every member of the Avengers, with no result. The spy shook her head, almost trying to pinch her arm to wake up. Unfortunately, it was no dream. She sat back against the couch, legs on the floor. Kate sat next to her, talking, worry in her eyes, but Natasha couldn't hear anything.

After a few minutes, she raised her head and saw the coven members talking with each other to rapidly and too low for her to understand. Kate suddenly appeared in front of her, a glass of water in hand.

"Are you okay, baby?" the blonde asked softly.

Natasha blinked. "It's worse than I thought it was."

"...why?"

"He sent me through time." she began to laugh.

"Who?" Irina asked, still confused.

Natasha got up from the floor and accepted the water, took a deep breath and tried to calm down, she knew she must have looked kind of crazy laughing like that.

"We had a call at the compound and were send to rescue civilians after an explosion. Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and I went to secure the place, save the civilians stuck under the rubble and eliminate the threat. There were H.Y.D.R.A. soldiers everywhere. Steve went to another location, to stop another bomb or something. Then, a missile hit Tony square in the chest and sent him flying. His armor damaged, I managed to restart his heart but he couldn't move. So, I got up and lured the soldiers away from him. I ended up in an alley when a weird guy wearing a red cape came up out of nowhere. He told me that I had to choose someplace to go to 'save my life' but I couldn't hear what he was saying after that because of the gunshots. Next thing I know, I end up in the middle of the forest with five H.Y.D.R.A. minions." she explained.

Everyone looked confused, horrified even.

"I'm not following." said Kate. Natasha looked at her calmly. She took the bottle of vodka Carmen had brought on the coffee table and took a long sip. The familiar burning in her throat calmed her a little.

"This morning, when I got up, it was January 13." After a second, she added. "2015."