Chapter 2

After a walk of about thirty minutes in the snow, Natasha was half frozen. Not that she was going to complain anyway, stubborn spy. Not stopping for anything, she watched as Kate talked animatedly in front on her, walking backwards and making grand gestures. Tanya and Irina were walking a few feet away, sometimes adding details to the story Kate was telling.

The blonde stopped talking when Natasha let out a sneeze followed by sniffles and curses under her breath.

"Aww, you're too cute!" Kate said with glee.

"I'm not cute." scoffed the redhead.

"Are you pouting?" the blonde asked with a big smile and her head tilted slightly. The redhead scoffed again but didn't respond. "You are!" Kate laughed and attempted to pinch the spy's cheeks but her hands were swapped away from her mate's face.

"Zamolchi." (Shut up). Natasha said with a visible pout. She began to no longer feel her fingers or toes, it was so cold that she shivered and trembled often. The sun was going to set down soon and there was no way that she could get to the house without help. She didn't want to ask for it so soon after meeting someone, even if the said someone was just waiting to carry her to the house. The spy crossed her arms and tried to warm her hands.

"You're making me feel the cold at this point." said the blonde with a fake cough before she removed her jacket and put it on Natasha's shoulders. She held it closed for the redhead and planted a sweet and slightly hesitant kiss on her cheek. Light pink exploded on the cheek she just kissed and she grinned, satisfied. Natasha murmured a thank you before clearing her throat.

"This is pointless." the spy complained after a few more minutes of walking. She stopped, turned towards Tanya and held out her arms. "You may carry me."

Tanya laughed at the immediate complaint and whine that her sister let out. She wouldn't even try to touch the redhead since it really hasn't been long since Kate met the woman and her vampire instincts were still quite unpredictable. A glint in the redhead's eyes told her that it was just to annoy Kate anyway.

"I will carry you! I'm faster." Kate said convincingly.

"That's not true." denied Irina. Kate just throwed her a glare and narrowed her eyes then turned to Natasha and pouted with the best puppy eyes she could do.

"You told me I was cute." Natasha said with an eyebrow raised. Kate seemed desperate and it took all her willpower not to smile, hearing the blonde's sisters laughing a few feet from her.

"It's tru-No! I lied. You're...terrifying! You're a really scary lady!" Kate responded, trying all her might to convince her mate. The redhead tilted her head and narrowed her eyes.

"I'm scary?"

"...yes?" said the vampire hesitantly.

Natasha hummed. "Good enough." she suddenly jumped on Kate and wrapped her legs around the blonde's slim waist. Her hands were busy holding the jacket in place on her shoulders but she had no problem holding on just by the strength of her thighs. The blonde, however, obviously wanting to "help", put her hands on the redhead's ass. Natasha glared at her but the vampire's attention was on her mate's lips, her pupils blown wide and her eyes were quickly darkening. When she finished tying the knot with the sleeves of the jacket so it wouldn't fall, Natasha slapped away the hands on her bum.