There was only one remaining thus we decided to live together and our friendship grew from there. She now worked at a top notch media company as a journalist.

Her response was almost immediate stating that she was heading to the bus stop to wait for me. I smiled at that and checked the time. It would take twenty minutes before I alighted.

I ensured that everything was well packed and that I'd brought Leila the anklet she had been wanting to buy so much. Unfortunately in all the stores we'd walked in together, it was either too small or large and mostly not what she wanted but I knew she would like this. A butterfly anklet.

We shall be making a detour due to the damaged bridge ahead.

The driver announced and loud grumbles filled the bus as I tucked in everything safely. The girl beside me stirred awake and I briefed her on what was happening.

That meant that I'd be at most twenty minutes late but I decided not to tell Leila that. She would begin worrying over nothing. I only wished that we could get there before dusk. The sky was getting darker and it would pour soon.

I wanted to get to the safety of my bed by the time it began to pour. Rainy days made me feel unwell and I preferred when it was sunny. The looming dark clouds quickly spread, entirely covering the dark sky. I felt my breath pick up and my stomach churned uneasily. We are all afraid of something, my greatest fear was thunder.

I hugged my bag closer to my body to sooth myself, closing my eyes for a second but when I saw a flash of light in the sky, I pressed the palms of my hands against my ears and sank deeper into my seat. I muffled a cry when the thunder broke and I gripped harshly onto the seat's arms.

The sound of it was extremely loud making me want to sink to the bus's floor. It lasted for twenty seconds. I only knew that because Leila had encouraged me to always count numbers when it happened to divert my fear.

The bus slid just a minute later and screams filled the bus when it wavered. The road we'd taken was no good and as the rain began to pour, it became more slippery. I held onto my ears bracing myself every-time thunder struck.

I repeatedly kept on counting and it felt as if I was going through a loop. The curtains on the window remained drawn thus I could tell when it would strike. My face grew teary till I sank into the metallic floor when the bus skidded to a stop.

Screams went out the entire bus as the thunder mixed up with their voices making my heart beat abnormally fast. Everyone scrambled to their feet to get out but I pressed myself on the bus' walls not moving a millimeter.

I could hear people shouting for help but I could only rattle the numbers out as my body shook uncontrollably on the floor. My fingers had run cold as I curled them over the seats.

We shall be receiving help soon. Military aid has been send.

Someone spoke from the speakers and even though he or she was trying to reassure us, there was fear in their voice. The rain poured heavily as its harsh drops fell on the window above me. I didn't know where we were but I prayed for safety.

Help is here. Kindly remain where you are. Shout if you're in any pain.

It was announced after five minutes or so and everyone seemed to shout. I didn't know whether they were really in pain or they wanted to get off as soon as possible. From my spot, I couldn't make any sound over my harsh breathing.