11: rich beyond compare

Alt. Title: Richer than even the Imperial Family

Silence brewed at the shore.

"MY SHIP!" The captain of William's family who owned that ship cried in utter despair. He even tried to join his poor murdered ship but his subordinates stopped him from drowning himself.

Nereus, who saw this, barely blinked a sympathetic eye. Who told that human to offend his child? He must pay the price.

Meanwhile, Calyx wore a look of triumph, sticking his tongue out at William in provocation. Beside him, Jennette chuckled under her breath. "Delia is really powerful." She said with a smile.

Calyx beamed at her and replied with, "Of course! If I'm not powerful, how am I supposed to protect you and uncle?"

Anastacius, who heard this, eyed Calyx with a look of suspicion.

Don't tell me that brat likes my daughter-

.

.

"Y, You--!" William could not believe what he had just witnessed.

With a flick of a wrist, the massive ship he had ridden to this land was capsized just like that. Planks of wood, crates, and other items floated to the surface of the water. The people on board swam up, searching for a piece of wood to help them float. The captain of the ship gradually fainted, silent murmurs escaping his lips.

What kind of place was Mieta and what kind of people lived there?

It was known that Mieta, this harbor city, had hospitable locals who received all sort of people from all over the continent to trade. Foreigners like them treated the locals like servants. After all, they were neither businessmen nor politicians.

They were simply fishermen; people who had no power, status, and money. However, that was not the case for Obelia. Mieta was a hotspot for foreign trading. The lands belonging to this harbor city were the closest to the neighboring continent.

In short, Mieta was a gold mine. Its location was simply terrific that even though it was just a harbor city with no specialty, they still placed importance to Mieta.

And that was just it.

Even though it was a hotspot for trading, the people were nothing special. Anyone could replace them and Mieta would remain the same.

So, where on earth did that overpowered magician come from?!

Just a casual flick of the wrist and he destroyed an entire ship?!

Calyx raised his chin, puffing his chest in pride as he looked down on the little foreign nobleman. "Weren't you the ones picking a fight? You should thank me that dad didn't hurt anyone."

Shouldn't he thank Uncle Nereus then? Athanasia rolled her eyes.

On the other hand, Nereus helplessly sighed at his son's prideful demeanor. Perhaps... he had been pampering this child a bit too much? Maybe one day, Calyx would be unlucky enough to provoke someone stronger than him while he was not around to back up his son.

... I should teach him more magic spells just in case.

After all, Jennette would probably tag along with Calyx all the time in the future.

Defensive spells was a must.

Nereus had a feeling that his son would have a very... lively future.

"... your child is a troublemaker." Claude, who had been quiet for quite a while, spoke up in bemusement. Anastacius wanted to facepalm because he could not even refute his own brother's words. That child only had to exist and trouble would make its way to him.