She never thought about his poor background, or the fact that he was some lowly mechanic. She never cared that her father didn't like him at all, and the fact that he wasn't even up to her social class didn't bother her at all. All she had ever wanted was his presence, his love and the affection he showed to her every single time.

This was just the most beautiful thing about her, and he remembered how her golden brown eyes sparkled each time he did something that made her happy.

Oh, how easy it was to make her happy. How easy it was to make her smile, and this had been his goal each day. Putting a hearty smile on that beautiful face of hers.

A bitter feeling of nostalgia and agony filled up his chest, and as he raised his palm to his forehead, something caught his eyes.

From the corner of his eyes he saw a woman emerge from the other side of the compound, and his heart jumped suddenly.

The first thing he did was check if his car was well hidden between the trees. He had parked a few feet away so he hoped it was enough cover, and when he was satisfied that he wouldn't be noticed, his gaze went back to the woman.

On closer examination, he realized it was Madison, just like he'd thought and his breath caught in his throat, with his hands tightening on the steering wheel.

Suddenly he leaned forward, staring intently at her and that's when he noticed that she was carrying a child in her arms.

Damien's jaw fell open in surprise. Who was this child? He wondered.

Suddenly he felt chills run down his spine at the possibility that it could be hers, and it was enough to send his mind reeling.

What if it was hers? Would it mean that the rumors were true? He felt his stomach fall as he continued to think of other possible reasons.

On closer examination he saw the child was a bit small, and surely calculating the years since she'd been pregnant then their child... No her child, would be... He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not see the pregnant woman walking beside her, and when he finally did, he didn't know why he felt relief course through him as he shut his eyes tightly.

The heavily pregnant woman was smiling widely, one hand on the child's arm as she conversed with Madison and that's when he realized that the child was hers and not Madison's.

As he saw the wide grin that continued to stay on Madison's face as she cuddled the baby fondly, Damien felt something in his chest squeeze.

He remembered the results from the investigations, and the added fact that she might have been pregnant once. Also as he watched her play with the child laughing happily, the only thought that stayed in his head was how good of a mother she would have been.

She was so good with the child, and not just him noticing it now but even back then she had always loved children.

That was another thing that Damien would never forget about her. He smiled as he remembered the discussions they'd had about having kids, and always she had been so eager and interested in that topic.

He couldn't help but wonder how their lives would have been, if that dream had come true. If all their dreams together had come true actually. In his mind's eye he could see them both happy and eager to be parents. He could imagine her pregnant with his child, his arms wrapped around her swollen belly, while she was safe and cocooned in his arms.

Tears pricked the back of Damien's eyes at the image. It was simply... beautiful. So gorgeous! It should have been a dream come true, but that's what it would always be - a dream! One that never came true. It wasn't real, and it never would be.