18: Rock the boat

Start from the beginning

"Let's park somewhere, you can take a nap before driving again."

Tzuyu's patience will play a big role in their relationship, that's for sure.

Thankfully, their fight did not last very long. She caressed Sana's hair until she fell asleep. The older woman is now peacefully sleeping on the shotgun seat after they reclined it.

There is a nearby hotel, just 10 minutes away. She wanted to suggest checking in that hotel so Sana could sleep comfortably but the architect parked in front of a convenience store and excitedly exited the car to change seats.

"Is she even planning to wake up?" She chuckles. Sana has been asleep for almost an hour. She's been watching her sleep, raising her hand to touch her face but retracting before it makes contact with her skin. She doesn't want to disturb her sleep but it's tempting.

"Always pretty." She mumbles, staring at Sana who looks so soft and harmless.

I forgot you hate waking up early. I'm sorry. I was greedy, I wanted to spend more time with you. She sighs before going out of the car and closing the door as softly as possible. She goes to the convenience store again to buy something she probably won't eat or drink.

She's standing straight in front of the large fridge, arms on the side, thinking if she should buy another drink. She has bought coffee and water earlier and hasn't drunk them.

"Your friend is still asleep?" The cashier approaches her.

"Yeah." She bows her head and apologizes. "Sorry we have to park longer. She's tired, and not a morning person. We will leave quickly after she wakes up."

The blonde woman with a name tag on her uniform giggles. "It's okay. You can park as long as you want."

"Thank you, Roseanne." She says.

"You don't have to buy anything." Roseanne, the cashier, is still smiling. "I don't think you really want to buy those drinks."

"No. No." Tzuyu shakes her head. "It's the least that we could do."

"Do you want some noodles while waiting for your friend to wake up?"

"That's a good idea. Thank you."

"Follow me." The cashier says with a smile.

Tzuyu is watching Sana from the convenience store, relieved that they dodge a fight again, hoping they won't run out of luck anytime soon.

Sana is more than what other people see. She's not just a flirty, playful and sexy architect. She's fierce, serious when it comes to her work, and assertive. But like normal people in their age, Sana is still young, and everyday she keeps growing and changing to the person she wants to be, just like herself.

"Aren't you cold? Your sweatpants is short on you." Roseanne breaks her thought as she puts the cups of noodles on the ledge, one for her and one for herself. "Careful it's hot."

"Thanks, this sweatpant is not mine." Tzuyu says as she rubs her palm on her pants. "But it's comfortable."

Roseanne nods, she breaks the chopsticks apart before giving it to Tzuyu. "Your chopsticks."

"Thank you."

They sit on the ledge against the glass wall of the store. Giving a perfect view of Sana's car outside.

"Where are you going this early?"

"Vacation." She smiles politely, careful not to spill too much information. "Just this weekend."