The Duchess of Gloucester Part Two

Lady Sophia Dorothea Howard would be raised out at Beltane Manor with her family until she turned 13 years old and then with a small household she would move into her own manor in Gloucester with her regent, Lord Thomas William Howard who was her third cousin.

Berkeley Castle would be where Lady Sophia Dorothea and Lord Frederick William Howard would receive guests and the people from the territory who had requests or grievances.

Lady Karissa would travel out to Gloucester Territory from Beltane Manor to see her youngest daughter.

Lady Sophia Dorothea was always happy to see her sisters and brothers with her mother, and her third cousin, Lord Richard William Carey, but she rarely saw her father, Lord Andrew Charles and she asked her mother "Why doesn't my father come with you?"

"Lady Sophia Dorothea. Your father is a complicated man." Lady Karissa explains, "Your grandfather plans to come and visit you."

"My grandfather cares more about his grandchildren than my own father cares about his children." Lady Sophia Dorothea tells her mother.

"Your father is Duke of Norfolk Territory and it is his albatross and one day it will hang him around the neck and choke him." Lady Karissa states.

"Don't worry when it comes time for your cotillion. Your father will be there for you." Lady Karissa states.

"I guess you know that Lord Frederick William Howard III, your first cousin thrice removed, is asking for your hand in marriage to his eldest son, Lord William Frederick Howard." Lady Karissa tells her.

"You are both first cousins thrice removed." Lady Karissa states, " He is considered to be very handsome."

"Do you mean that rowdy little boy?" Lady Sophia Dorothea asks.

"I do." Lady Karissa tells her daughter.

"Lord William Frederick Howard grandfather is Lord Frederick William Howard II and his great-grandfather is your great-great-grandfather, Lord Frederick William Howard whose son is your great-grandfather." Lady Karissa explains.

Lady Sophia Dorothea looks at her mother and she tells her " Lord William Howard has no title, property, mother."

"Couldn't Lord Frederick William be looking for a title for his son by marrying me. I am Duchess in my own right." Lady Sophia Dorothea states.

"No. Lady Sophia Dorothea. Lord Frederick William Howard III is Duke of Windsor Territory and Lord William Frederick will inherit it." Lord Andrew Charles states.

"Father, I am already Duchess of Gloucester Territory." Lady Sophia Dorothea states.

"I just want you to consider the possibility." Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"I will when the time comes." Lady Sophia Dorothea tells her" What does my grandfather have to say?"

"My father thinks you are too young to worry about who you will marry?  Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

Lady Karissa walks in and asks "What is this about Lord Andrew Charles?"

"It is about Lady Sophia Dorothea and Lord William Frederick?" Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"I think Lady Sophia Dorothea is too young to think about marriage." Lady Karissa states, "She is only five years old."

"When she turns 14 years old only then you may think about a husband for her and with her approval." Lady Karissa tells him.

Lady Sophia Dorothea looks at her mother and she asks "Where are my sisters?"

"Lady Elizabeth is with Lady Karissa, and Lady Caroline Matilda is with Lady Anastasia Christina and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey." Lady Karissa tells her. " Lady Samhain is with Lady Elizabeth and Lady Karissa Ann."

Lady Sophia Dorothea curtsy to her father and mother and she walks out of the drawing room and up the stairs.

"Really, Andrew Charles. We need to think about Lady Anastasia Christina?" Lady Karissa explains.

"Lord Richard William Carey is thinking about Lady Caroline Matilda's cotillion." Lady Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles.

"Lady Caroline Matilda is only 13 years old and she still has two year to go." Lord Andrew Charles states 

"Why don't you mind your own business, Andrew Charles and worry about our children and let Lord Richard William worry about our children." Lady Karissa tells him.

Lady Karissa curtsy to Lord Andrew Charles and she walks out of the drawing room leaving Lord Andrew Charles by himself.