Chapter 11; Faded Dimension

"What did you do to Pete!" Tankhun shouted as he pushed Vegas away while they all waited for Pete as he was now in a private ward.

"I did nothing," Vegas said firmly as he pushed Tankhun hard and walked into the ward only to see a pale-faced Pete whose body temperature is below average, and strangely, the doctors found nothing that is triggering Pete's coma. 

It was as if Pete just fell asleep.

.

.

.

The lights were getting darker each time Pete walks on a dark bridge, it was as if everything was coming to an end this time. But, as he reaches the end of the bridge all he saw was everyone from the main family burying him side by side with Vegas...

Pete walked towards everyone but the only thing he could do was watch them as they cry their hearts out in pain. 

"Kinn... i-is Pete in a better place now...?" Porsche cried out as he asked Kinn, yet, this time Kinn kept quiet while he hugged Porsche tightly trying to comfort him. Porchay walked over to Macau only to see Macau sitting there quietly... No tears, no emotions.

"M-Macau..." Pete weakly called out his name, trying to comfort Macau only to realize that at this moment there was nothing he could have done about it. 

"Macau are you okay...?" Porchay asked out but Macau said softly "This time... I am really left with no one anymore..." 

Tankhun was unusually quiet, Pol and Arm were just silently mourning for Pete and the entire atmosphere was nothing but pain.

The monks had been chanting for Pete and Vegas's funeral but at this point, Pete felt his whole body burning up, it was as if a million fireball was rolling all over his body, he fell to the ground in pain, curled up, trying to ease the pain but as the monk chanted even more Pete could feel like he was being torn apart.

Pete screamed out in pain as all of a sudden he fell back into the dark bridge only to see 3 figures right in front of him. They were holding onto a chain as if trying to capture Pete, but the moment Pete tries to run away from the figures, the light shined and he finally saw Vegas at this point!

Vegas was all chained up on his wrist and ankles and he looked so in pain, "V-Vegas," Pete called out his name as he walked towards their direction. 

"Pete... You shouldn't have done that..." Vegas said as tears streamed down his pale face while being held captive by the 2 figures, "D-Don't leave me," Pete begged as he walked nearer while Vegas stepped back each time Pete walked forward.

"Stop!" Vegas screamed out, his bloodshot eyes looking at Pete in pain, in love, and the most was regrets. 

"Pete, trust me, if I knew that my love will end up giving you the courage to kill yourself, I would never love you ever again,-"

"No, I will choose you-"

"Exactly, so Pete, I will trade everything in return to never ever love you again because I was the fucking one that gave you all the love and courage to kill yourself!" Vegas screamed out in pain, in tears but their distance was so big that Pete can never seem to get closer.

Pete cried his eyes out while he fell to his knees begging Vegas not to go but as he did that, Vegas's figures vanished into thin air while Pete lose all control over his own body and fell onto the ground in darkness.

.

.

.

Pete gasped in pain as he tries to breathe for air, his eyes opened up, and took a glimpse of the surroundings, it felt real, it felt as if there was warmth in this place.

"Doctor! Doctor! Pete is awake!" Tankhun shouted out as the first person that dashed into the ward was Vegas, "Hey, how are you?" Vegas asked but Tankhun ordered both Pol and Arm to pull Vegas out, but seriously, who dares?

Pete didn't have the energy to speak as his chest was in great pain, the pain that he felt when Vegas from the other side told him that he wouldn't want to love him again and all he could do was break into tears. 

"Where the fuck is the doctor?" Tankhun screamed out as he dashed towards the door, he panicked the moment he saw Pete crying, he thought he was in some sort of pain.

"Does it hurt?" Vegas asked worriedly, but Pete grabs his wrist, "D-don't leave," and Vegas nods his head, "I won't leave, I promise, where does it hurt Pete? You are crying,"

"I am tired..." Pete said as he looked at Vegas, "You were in a coma for 2 weeks already, it's normal, we will get the doctor to look at you," Vegas said softly as his hands caressed Pete's face and Pete looked at Vegas.

.

.

.

Vegas was staying by Pete's side despite the warning from the main family and to Kinn's surprise, he felt his cousin a little more humane this time but that would also mean that either Pete was going to choose sides or Vegas has found his target to take down the main family.

"Do you believe in the next life?" Pete asked Vegas a question as he was having the next bite of his food and Vegas looked at Pete with wonder and surprise since he never thought that Pete would be into such questions.

"No," Vegas' answers were expected since Vegas was never the kind of person who believed in such an afterlife thing, but Pete continued, "W-what if someone you loved died, would you take your life and be with him?" 

Vegas stopped everything and looked at Pete, those eyes of his were in shock that Pete asked such questions, and that prompted Vegas to ponder what was exactly those dreams that he saw. Was there really something between the both of them in their past life?

"Listen, Pete, if I was the person that died and you were the one who is going to kill yourself and be with me, I would have never choose to love you ever again," Vegas said sternly, coldly and he was very sure of his answers.

Pete froze, his hands trembled as those answers were exactly what he heard on the other side... 

"W-why?" Pete trembled as he asked out the question, he looked down, avoiding eye contact with Vegas as his hands and body trembled.

"Because I wouldn't want the person I love to die because of me, it was because my love gave him the courage to do that, so I would never love him again because I wouldn't want the person I love to die because of my love, get it?" Vegas answered and at this moment he was sitting right in front of Pete, his hands caressing his fingers.

"Hey, look at me," Vegas called out and Pete looked up with his puff eyes, 

"Pete, you know exactly who I am, you know your position. Pete, you need to realize that whatever you are doing now is turning your back against everything you know and the question to me is why are you doing that? For show or for real and that's for me to figure out not for you to tell me." Vegas said as he leans in towards Pete and gave him a kiss on his forehead!

"I hope you realize what you are getting yourself into," Vegas continued as he leans in to feel Pete's warmth against his forehead.

====

author note: helloooooo! omg sorry sorry, I know I was aiming for a weekly update but I was packed with Kinnporsche SG tour and missed the upload :'( plus Imma busy with work and the post concert syndrome was really bad :'(

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I am trying to upload a few more this week to cover the long wait! Also, I hope you guys see those little hints I am throwing in on their stories!!

A little back and forth of jumping into the timeline is happening soon and ya all be anticipating Vegas's full memory recovery (it's happening in a couple more chapters to go and probably in not a really good way).

also, I gave subtle hints about Pete's past life and those little keypoints!! ANYWAYS KEEP YOUR COMMENTS COMING!!!! LOVE YA