Chapter 10; Scattered Dreams

As the night falls, Vegas finds himself trapped in an endless loop. His eyes were closed shut as he was sleeping through the night but images of someone crying and begging him to stay, be alive, were taunting him.

"I am sorry Vegas! N-No please!"

"I won't run anymore, I won't! Stay with me please!"

The loud screams, those cries, and pleas were just breaking Vegas into pieces each time, but the person who was in front of him was just blurred, scattered. Vegas's body trembled each time the image in his memories collapsed from over crying.

His hands gripped the bedsheets but there was just no option for him to wake up from this nightmare, his forehead was covered in a cold sweat and his hands were just trembling in pain.

"D-Don't!" Vegas mouthed those words out as he saw someone in his dreams, holding onto the gun trying to shoot himself. Vegas panicked, in his dream, he wanted to grab the gun away from that man but all he did was grabbed the air.

His hands fell on the bed and Vegas screamed out the next moment when he witness that man shooting himself in his head right beside his dead body! 

"Pete!"

Vegas screamed his name, and his whole body was soaked in sweat as he opened up his eyes and lift himself up from the bed. His hands and body were trembling and his heart was breaking into pieces. Vegas was literally trembling in pain, he notices that he was now crying.

He was having a hard time trying to breathe, it was like something heavy fell on his chest. Vegas was scared, he didn't want to admit what he was feeling, but he knew that he was scared to death of whatever he just dreamt about.

He got up from bed but the image of someone lying down on the ground motionless with a gunshot right in his head and he could clearly recall that he was seeing how Tankhun, cried his eyes out when he saw that person.

Vegas' steps were getting heavier each time as he walked toward the balcony but his chest was tight that he couldn't breathe at all. Pete... Pete...

That's all he can recall, the only name. But before he could even think about it any further, the pain that he was feeling at this stage was so overwhelming that Vegas had to take a moment to process whatever he was feeling at that moment.

.

.

.

For the next couple of days, Vegas was unable to get hold of Pete because Pete was avoiding Vegas in school, and at home and whenever school ends, he was always at the main family compound which ideally isn't wrong as well.

But Vegas was done with whatever Pete was doing and those dreams were just creating massive havoc in his life, the moment he spots Pete who was just about to leave the house, Vegas dashed down instantly and his hands forcefully grabbed Pete, which stunned Pete as Pete notices that Vegas now looked like he was in a deep mess. 

"Khun Vegas," Pete said respectfully but that pissed Vegas, even more, he forcefully grabbed Pete towards his car and pushed him in.

"Khun Vegas!" Pete shouted as he tried to get himself out of the car but Vegas pushed him back and put on the seatbelt for him as he dashed towards the driver's seat and locked the doors and windows.

"What can I do for you Khun-"

"Pete, stop it. This is getting me on my nerves," Vegas said as he rubbed his temples, trying to just get everything out of his mind since he kept getting the same dream all over and over again.